Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
...EBP...
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys that has the Greddy lip/RS sides and rear dropped on stock rims have any problems? like scraping? My car is really low and I am putting my kit on.. like soon! Since i sold my M5's, I don't have rims anymore. But i'm getting the LE37t's..

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I put my WW RS kit on I reaised my Tein coilovers because I already scraped on a lot of stuff. It is fine now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is less than stock height but not a whole lot. I have fat fingers and I would say probably 1.5 fingers in the front and 2 in the rear.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
i dont see why having a greddy kit and 3/4 rs kit presents any particular problems? obviously if you attempt to take on a steep driveway straight on, you're going to scrape. just learn how to angle......its really not that hard.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
you tow hook sits a lot lower than your stock bumper, so if you don't hit your tow hook driving around a lot then you should be fine with a lip up front. If you are too worried get an OEM kit, it doesn't hang as low. You just gotta keep an eye out for everything on the road.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Pok-gai said:
i dont see why having a greddy kit and 3/4 rs kit presents any particular problems? obviously if you attempt to take on a steep driveway straight on, you're going to scrape. just learn how to angle......its really not that hard.
I couldn't have said it better. Someone listen to the smart man. :laugh: exactly how low are you dropped?

G

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
lets just say that with my TEINS i was really low and no matter if i angled or not that front tow hook hit everything....needless to say i raised it up

·
Roar!
665 Posts
AF905 said:
Obviously having a kit wouldn't be a problem [email protected]$5.. what i mean is scraping with the kit on.. hit a steep hill straight on?? :shrug: the lude is 2inches dropped..
Thats the problem hes talking about.
I dont think a kit is going to extend the bottom as far as you think it does. your front lip will prolly only extend your bottom a half inch.

·
6,152 Posts
you shouldnt be calling people wiseasses,were just tryin to help you out....anyways,

yes if you hit a steep ass hill straight on or something else that would make it scrape.....it will scrape

i was lowered 2 inches also....i liked the way it look but scraped like a mofo....and with me getting a kit that wasnt an option

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
AF905 said:
Obviously having a kit wouldn't be a problem [email protected]$5.. what i mean is scraping with the kit on.. hit a steep hill straight on?? :shrug: the lude is 2inches dropped..
thats what i was talking about, genius. what'd you think i was talking about, putting the kit in your room and driving around without it? :rolleyes: the steep hill was an example of what NOT to do. you act as if having a greddy lip and being dropped 2 inches is going to put you on the ground. pearl type sh has an R33 front and is dropped 2.5", and he manages fairly well. again, just learn how to angle.

·
...EBP...
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's Cali though..you could slam it and wouldn't have a problem like here.. I live in Mass man.. home of the potholes..I don't know about you but my car is dropped 2 inches and it is wicked low and adding the kit on makes it even worse..Yes raise it! But all i wanted to know was if you guys scraped.. that is all..wow..

·
6,152 Posts
Home of the Potholes would be in this order...

1. New York City
2. Pennsylvannia
3. ummm...i guess mass altho i never been there

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
you know me man....I'm dropped on tein ss coilovers, 1.5 inches + (no finger gap in rear, maybe a finger in the front) an I scrape occassionally...just angle over everything, no matter how much of a bump it is (unless you're on the freeway of course :rolleyes: ) an take it slowly, you shouldn't have too many problems. like they said, usually it's the tow hook that hits first, so don't worry bout it too much. as for the potholes....just avoid them or drive around them

·
6,152 Posts
haha i had to raise my TEINS because i was hitting my tow hook on a daily basis

·
Registered
806 Posts
AF905 said:
That's Cali though..you could slam it and wouldn't have a problem like here.. I live in Mass man.. home of the potholes..I don't know about you but my car is dropped 2 inches and it is wicked low and adding the kit on makes it even worse..Yes raise it! But all i wanted to know was if you guys scraped.. that is all..wow..
pot holes and bad roads don't only exist in Mass. Have you ever been to LA, the roads here are terrible, dips, pot holes, and unfinished roads everywhere. My car is a daily driver and I used to have the MUGEN front and I was dropped 3" sure i scraped here and there, but I still got around. You just have to angle here and there and be careful.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
yea...our driveways here arent very friendly. my car is dropped about 2" (yes, with kit) and i dont scrape that much. i usually only scrape when i'm being rushed (by oncoming traffic or cops following me). if i take my time, then i'm usually fine. unless its just an absurd dip in which case i find an alternate route. i never said to raise it. i just suggested angling b/c its usually good enough to navigate most roads. you asked for problems, i offered a solution, and you blew up at it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
all about the angle. I do that all the time and i almost never scrape. I have the greddy lip and rs sides with a 2.0 inch drop in the front. Just angle the mofo:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts