Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
camber kits??? I am going to put on Max Speed coilovers (adjustable from 1 - 4 inches) but i will only drop it 2 at the most for right now. I am also getting new tie rod ends, axels and CV joints not to mention 3 new tires....possibly new ball joints if they went bad too. Since this is all going to be expensive, could i save money and not get the camber kits and wait on them do u think the camber would be really bad if i drop it 2 inches? Also, where can i get a good kit for around 150? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cantdrive55 said:
For a drop of anything more than 1.5" you will need camber kits.
for 2 inches you definately do i am with ryan on this. some people get away with like 1.6-1.7" drop.

·
Registered
744 Posts
spend the extra 150 bucks towards good coilovers and only drop it 1.5 inches and get the camber kits later on if you wanna go lower. later

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
i tell you what... for your bday i'll get some struts and put those damn things on ebay.... as long as we get $50 for it we broke even :laugh: and i'll split the cost of some springs.... i'll help out with the camber kit as well..... :D

then i 0wn j00

·
Because Raptor!
955 Posts
IF your going to replace your ball joints anyway you might as well get adjustable ball joints and kill two birds with one stone.

·
Because Raptor!
955 Posts
that was probably me that you emailed. If you adjust your coilovers your going to be out of alignment anyway and will have to have it realigned. So if your not aligning them before you go autocrossing it won't matter.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
j_t_heilbrun said:
that was probably me that you emailed. If you adjust your coilovers your going to be out of alignment anyway and will have to have it realigned. So if your not aligning them before you go autocrossing it won't matter.
haha.. i dug up the email.... you did infact say that... :bigthumb:

so yeah... i should go back and delete my previous thing so i don't look dumb.... i'm sick and on meds... i'm a lil messed up... i thought he'd post about how much for a camber kit b/c i did say we need one :p

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
so yeah... i don't like the ride quality of 'coilovers'.... so i might try to convince you (mike) to go with just some regular lowering springs.... so a lil over 1.5" to lower will look nice and not too low for philly visits..... j_t.. could you pm a quote or post a quote for the balljoints?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts