Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i'm getting ready to lower my 95 Si with Neuspeed Sport springs and KYB AGX shocks, everyone says since the drop is fairly conservative i wont need a camber kit, so thats seems solved, but what about issues with the tires rubbing the inside fenders? i do have 17" wheels, but my overall diameter is the same as stock, think i'll be okay?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well I would have to say that the width and offset of your rims is gonna have a pretty big impact on whether or not you are gonna rub.. you didn't say the width or offset of your rims... but from everythin that I have read on different boards it goes something like this...

If you have 17's the offset should be at the VERY least +40mm and some people say even this is too small, especially on 5g, since you have a drop too, I would say you would want an offset of at least 45mm, and again this also depends on the width of your rim.. if you allready have the 17's on the car right now and there is no rubbing, most likely you will not rub with a mild drop. But it depends on the above mentioned facts..

Andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
713 Posts
With 17's you'll probably be fine - it's going to depend on the offset of the rim too and how wide your tires are. But if you have a nice match ofr your car, there shouldn't be a problem.

Be sure to get an alignment after you put some miles on your setup. Lowering will alter your camber & toe slightly, so you want to adjust that as much as possible after things settle. I waited 3-4 weeks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts