Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need air tools for the lower rear strut bar? I tried a 3/8's ratchet and the control arm bolts wouldn't budge. I didn't realize they were torqued so much. Has anyone else done it with a regular socket wrench?

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
Has anyone else done it with a regular socket wrench?</font>
Yup.....that and a breaker bar just like Tooter said. Oh and I didn't need oil.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 12, 2001).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
damn I dont have a breaker bar. *sigh*

thanks guys. looks like I need some air tools though.
</font>
Buy a bar or maybe you can rent one? You only need it for like 40 minutes.


------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
you don't need air tools, but alot of patience...man the driver's side end-link was a biatch to get in! looks bad ass though.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TooterFish:
I wonder if you can make your own breaker bar? Go to the hardware store and buy like a 8 foot length of iron pipe. Guaranteed to break torque on any bolt in your car!!</font>
Correct, definitely possible.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha thanks for the advice. I will wait for a couple days and maybe my friend will allow me to use his air tools, he also has breaker bars. I was just going to try to install it tonight so it'd be blingin tonight while I was driving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
haha thanks for the advice. I will wait for a couple days and maybe my friend will allow me to use his air tools, he also has breaker bars. I was just going to try to install it tonight so it'd be blingin tonight while I was driving
</font>
your car is already bling blingin...i love it



------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
yeah, do you have a hollow steel pipe laying around? You could slide that over your socket wrench and use it for more leverage.
 

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
Joined
·
5,891 Posts
we use my floor jack handle as a breaker all the time.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cementups:
we use my floor jack handle as a breaker all the time.

</font>
Yup...works fine. If the ratchet handle seems a little on the small side you can wrap it in a thin towel to take up the slack in the jack handle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I already installed it. I did use the floor jack handle and it worked ok. My apex exhaust piping was so damn huge on the passenger side it made things a little difficult. I also took the rear wheels off for better angles and better clearance on the ratchet. The damn directions were pretty vague


I took it around a few blocks and it drove REALLY nice. It isn't a placebo effect either. Man, I'll tell ya, the rear was 10 times more effective than my front strut bar.

Chris

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
Ok I already installed it. I did use the floor jack handle and it worked ok. My apex exhaust piping was so damn huge on the passenger side it made things a little difficult. I also took the rear wheels off for better angles and better clearance on the ratchet. The damn directions were pretty vague


I took it around a few blocks and it drove REALLY nice. It isn't a placebo effect either. Man, I'll tell ya, the rear was 10 times more effective than my front strut bar.

Chris
</font>
  1. Taking the wheels off is standard proceedure Chris!
  2. You felt something with this installed? Hmmmmmmm was the car ON when you did this install in a closed garage with no ventilation? Or is the w33d in VA that different from the w33d up here in NJ?

    [/list=a]

    Take that with a grain of salt Chris.
    I'm going to go listen to some music now. Easy install with the right tools though right?

    ------------------
    AOL IM: Joon525

    [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
You felt something with this installed? Hmmmmmmm was the car ON when you did this install in a closed garage with no ventilation? Or is the w33d in VA that different from the w33d up here in NJ?

</font>
ouch!


------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
o0OO0o's got a good point.</font>
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top