Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my heart set on Volks for so long, but now I am looking at rims that are less costly so I can start building a new tranny.
I was wondering about the C2 Evolution. I am aware some people have this rim, but I think they look very good for the money.
I know that 18" weigh 39 pounds with the tire. My only concern is how heavy they are and how much they will slow down my car.
Anyone know how much more these are over stock?
Is It worth spending extra money for the three piece? I'm not sure what those weigh.
RHODES

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I'm by no means an expert on this but thsi is what I've learned from what I read. The 39lb combo is about exactly what the stockers weigh. However since you've moved that weight further out in using a 18" wheel you'll take a performance hit. I'd say it wouldn't be horrible since the weight is still pretty good for a 18" combo. Someone had posted that for ever inch bigger you might want to drop 2-3lbs to keep things equal. I'm not sure if that was the weight of the rim itself or the rim/tire combo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know how the 18" C2 evos feel?
I know some people have them (steve?)

Also, anyone know a good wheel weight site? I found a really good one, but lost the addy.
I am curious to know how much the C2 three piece weighs...
RHODES

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i actually have a set of 18inch c2 evo's for sale if you're interested. should have pics up soon.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I have 17 inch C2 evo's and they weigh 37 lbs (rim/tire combo). I've heard the stock tire w/ rim is about 44 pounds? I don't know if that's accurate..its just the figure floating around in my head.

How do the C2 evos feel? Because I'm using a performance tire (Pirelli SS), it grips pretty good..better then stock to me.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
this is an interesting post.

i was planning on 17"'s but something really light weight (<= 17lbs per rim)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno!
I dunno!
After looking through the wheel weight list I saw:
17x7.5 SSR Type C Comp. = 12.7 pounds!!!
Now i'm really confused...i didn't think they made 17x7.5, only 17x8?
(one of those tire rack discussions maybe)
12.7 pounds yikes!! Wonder how accurate that is concidering my SCC says they are lil heavier...
looks or performance once again...
rhodes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts