Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you lose low end power when you install headers?? reason im asking is because when i installed my cai i lost some low end.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
It all depends on the header style.

If you want some more low end power get some underdrive pulleys, they are going to be the cheapest solution and yield the best results. I would rate underdrive pulleys as the best basic bolt-on out there.

·
Adm!n!strator
146 Posts
JakeTheSlayer said:
It all depends on the header style.

If you want some more low end power get some underdrive pulleys, they are going to be the cheapest solution and yield the best results. I would rate underdrive pulleys as the best basic bolt-on out there.
ditto :bigthumb:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well not to mention we dont have much low end to begin with....i just gave in and now live with the fact that the lude is not a torque monster

·
Still a Mugen Whore..Damn
169 Posts
I've got the Mugen header and the Type S intake.

Mugen Header gave me better midrange and the Type S intake gave me better low-end grunt.

Sorry, no dyno's but you might find some if you do a search.

The loss of torque was the main reason I didn't go with an AEM CAI, and the fact you have to modify the hole! Check AEM's website! Their dyno plot for a 5th Gen shows a loss of torque with a slight increase in HP at the top end.

Since we don't have much torque, I didn't want to lose ANY!

·
6,152 Posts
well a turbo will definitely solve the torque issue....hehe

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
well a turbo will definitely solve the torque issue....hehe
Well, not completely of course...*lag*

·
6,152 Posts
ahh lag is no problem.....especially when she kicks in and u unleash 400hp to the wheels.....hehe

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am going to install dc cc headers, i dont wanna lose more low end especially since im a cheap ass ss tranny. Im slow from the line right now, i cant imagine losing more low end and be even slower.

i do have a set of pulley's that im going to put in soon as my extended waranty expires

·
Registered
380 Posts
beachboy757 said:
where can you get a typeS intake, and does it come with everything i took out to put in the aem cai? (valve and hoses)
Our sponsor Poleposition is doing a groupbuy on these. $120 plus shipping. Look on the groupbuy classified for more info. He's making the order this coming sunday so hurry up. The intake only comes with the tube and top portion of the stock airbox. Hope u still have your stock intake.
Danny

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Why not get a short ram? It gets slightly more power than a type S intake and mostly down low where you need it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
me and my frriend both decided to see which was best when we got our ludes, stock we could go from a light and be right next to each other so close it was scary. so he got the cai and I got the sr that I still have now. we raced a few times after that and I was always jumping ahead a hair bit after that. That proved all the difference to me.

·
6,152 Posts
yes but when its hot outside youll be pulling in alot of hot air...in the winter too...if you guys can call it that..its not quite as hot but it still sucks in the heat from the engine..

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
yes but when its hot outside youll be pulling in alot of hot air...in the winter too...if you guys can call it that..its not quite as hot but it still sucks in the heat from the engine..
thats why I plan on building a heat shield for my short ram.

here is an intake roundup on a civic (I think it is a civic)

CAI Results

Short Ram Results

1 - 19 of 19 Posts