Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my dual pod from the post office today. I will take pictures as soon as it's in. It looks great! For those of you who also took part in the group buy that was setup by one of our members, make sure to keep an eye out for yours :)

I'm so excited... hahaah

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I've never posted pictures before, but if they don't show up, can a mod please fix it for me :) Thanks... here they are. Sorry for the crappy quality, I have a POS digital camera I bought at some garage sale hahahhaa....

- the stock A pillar with the pillar pod mounted on it already :)

another shot from a different angle

top part of pod, exact match of original A pillar

bottom shot of pod, still need some alignment

another angle, this time standing up :)

I will post again once I get it put into my car. But for the time being the A/F ratio and fuel pressure gauges go in
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to install the pillar by the end of this week. But unfortunately with no gauges on :( I'm waiting for my friend to sell me his old ones off his 240, since brand spankin new ones cost waaaay too much $$$ I've looked around on ebay and they're quite pricey too.

Anyone know of a cheap place to get some nice AutoMeter gauges for cheap?

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW looks good man I just ordered mine a week ago cant wait to get them. What are you putting in the guage holder?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah, well I'm glad I picked up the ball and saw the group purchase through to the end - I was getting concerned that people would start blaming me for the delay - some people actually backed out like weeks before they started shipping.

I had an issue with the quality, too. But I used my heat gun and 'modified' my pod on my 91 lude - It now looks and fits way better than delivered.

LOL - guages? Since I am now building my B21 with 85mm pistons, etc, NA, I really haven't a clue as to what I want to install. Oil pressure guage to be sure - just haven't decided on the other hole............

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey I went to Diamond Bar Honda dealer out here in SoCal and i was talking to the cute girl behind the counter. I noticed they had dual gauge pillar pods from autometer behind her on the wall. I asked if they made any for my 89 lude. Thinking about how no one makes them for our car i didn't expect them to even carry it. To my suprise they DID, for roughly 45 bucks too and in black or light gray, she said they didn't have any in stock, but could get it by mon. this was sunday. SO MY QUESTION IS: WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT LOTEK GAUGES WHEN I CAN GET IT THROUGH MY HONDA DEALER FOR THE SAME PRICE WITH ALMOST NO WAIT?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Autometer carries a lot of dual pods for all makes and models... I wouldn't be surprised if they made one for our ludes because they were bored. But when you pick your up, it may fit the lude, but autometer sells them in short pieces, not the full length ones.

That's the only difference I would see between Lotek and Autometer ;) Then again I could be wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With a group buy you guys saved some off the asking price right?? Can you say how much?? Do you have to remove the old a-piller trim? Is there any tabs that you might break removing it??:bigthumb: 'Cudaboy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure if we saved some money, but it was around the same price as buying an Autometer pod. From the looks of how it goes on, I don't think you have to remove the A pillar trim to install the dual pod. However, you will still need to remove the A pillar to install the wiring for the gauges :)

I found it easier to remove the A pillar when the dash was completely taken out. Since I redid my interior to white and black, this was no problem. The tabs seem hard to break, but just be careful when doing so :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
The custom A- Pille pods totally replace the existing one. It takes about 20 seconds to remove the A-Piller. Just get it started pulling out at the top and move your way down while pulling - there are two tabs that hold it on - I've had mine on and off several times since I got my pod for trail fittings (I had to use a heat gun to get the upper pod on the piller to completely lie on the piller and not over lap.

I'm purchasing a oil pressure and water temp guage to go in mine with a built-in audio/visual alarm for over heating. I'm not totally sure about the water temp guage but that's what I had planned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts