Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lost on which wheels i want...

i have a 5th gen and wanted to get C5's but i also dont want to deal with rubbing...

can you guys suggest something in the right offset in the $1700 price range...preferably with tires

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ you can get C5's w/o rubbing ;) :p go w/ what you like. if you still like the C5's, then get them....honestly, all we can do is recommend which tires WE think are better....it's still up to you. see what you like, an then if you're still havin a tough time deciding, then post them an let us help you :D

we could recommend a lot of wheels that would cost you less than 1700....but they may all look ugly or be crappy rims....start by finding somethin that you like

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i went ahead and ordered the C5's with 215/40/18 tires ala buh_buh

·
Registered
501 Posts
Man... I'm too late! I was gonna suggest some Advans!

:bow: Advan Connoisseur in 18s either in silver metallic or bronze! Very similiar to the RH Evo C5s except more expensive. $500 per rim for 18s. Perfect size and offset (50mm)!!! Oh wells... I was gonna get a set of these for my 03' Accord Coupe V6 but I already ordered a set of Advan Kreuzers in gun-metallic.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow, 215/40/18...won't those be too tall?

I thought you had to get 215/35s in order to fit with 18" wheels...You realize they're going to be .7" taller than stock, right?

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
buh_buh is running that tire size with the C5's and he has minimal rubbing and he only rubs because he is tucked on all 4 corners....me i wont be tucked at all...so it will work out and besides i need the extra protection with these PA roads over here

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GP.45 i would definitely get those rims but they definitely wont fit my budget....:shrug:

·
Registered
181 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
GP.45 i would definitely get those rims but they definitely wont fit my budget....:shrug:

:confused: Huh?

Oh, you mean those Advans? Hehe, I didn't post that, Drew did... :stick: :D

...But I'm with you, NO WAY can I swing $500 per wheel for Advans! :laugh:

Hell, I'm still trying to afford the SSRs I got a month ago! :cool:

But to tell you the truth, I'm already thinking about selling my SSR Comps to get a set of Volk gunmetal GT-Cs, or maybe GT-7s... :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
GP.45 said:

But to tell you the truth, I'm already thinking about selling my SSR Comps to get a set of Volk gunmetal GT-Cs, or maybe GT-7s... :bigthumb:
all you gotta do is save up a little more an you can get the rims that you want ;) :bigthumb: the GT-C's are nice....but the GT-7's would be more rare....not as many knockoffs available :D

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GP.45 said:

Haha whoops:laugh: :( :eek:

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
I will be having C5s with 215/35/18, that tire size = :( Later I will change to 215/40/18. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be done

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are you going to that tire size for the same reason i am.......more rim protection?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts