Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5gen lube and would like to lower my car with Neuspeed or H&R spring. Should I stay with the stock shock or upgrade it with aftermarket shock? What is your recommendation?

·
Registered
299 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
I recommend the mugen showa setup...pricey but it's nice.</font>
question about the mugen suspension...how does the car handle in snow? I hear that some suspension systems make snow rides quite undrivable..(not even sure if that's true, just something I heard). I was curious how the mugen was for this.

------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
bunch of nyc dents

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well the stiffer the suspension, the less travel. Up to a point it improves handling, but after a point it decreases it. Depends on speed, how tight the corner is (lateral forces) and road conditinos. That's what racecar drivers spend so much time sorting out for each track.

For daily driving I wouldn't worry about it. You're not gonna run something that stiff like an all-out track setup. Not practical, plus you're not gonna put your car right on the edge of the performance envelope regularly either... at least i hope

Koni or KYB AGX shocks are very nice along with Eibach Pro Kit springs or H&R or even Neuspeed. I have Konis and Eibach. Great set up. There are usually group buys on them. www.groupbuycenter.com

Lastly - read the FAQ section. There's a lot more info in there on this subject.

·
Registered
299 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IXLR8:
Well the stiffer the suspension, the less travel. Up to a point it improves handling, but after a point it decreases it. Depends on speed, how tight the corner is (lateral forces) and road conditinos. That's what racecar drivers spend so much time sorting out for each track.

For daily driving I wouldn't worry about it. You're not gonna run something that stiff like an all-out track setup. Not practical, plus you're not gonna put your car right on the edge of the performance envelope regularly either... at least i hope

Koni or KYB AGX shocks are very nice along with Eibach Pro Kit springs or H&R or even Neuspeed. I have Konis and Eibach. Great set up. There are usually group buys on them. www.groupbuycenter.com

Lastly - read the FAQ section. There's a lot more info in there on this subject.
</font>

Thanks,
Do you know of any reason why someone would get the Mugens outside of the name? I was thinking of getting them ... but, as always Mugen == $$$$$. Is the quality that far above my other choice of getting koni's and H&R's?

------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
bunch of nyc dents

·
Registered
713 Posts
Honestly I don't know much about the Mugens other than it's probably safe to assume they're high quality. For me the Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro Kits were great for street and the occasional trip to the track. Great quality / reliability at a fractino of the cost of Mugen...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts