Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need one for a 5gen. my source for one is MIA. desperate. i can't roll down my windows from my drivers side. it's not the switch, tried 3 different ones.

it's the black box behind the fuses inside the cabin. drivers side. anyone? it's been almost a year since my window's have worked.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
maybe Billy (71dsp) still has his old 1.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fr33duB said:
You know, this problem seems to be a trend with Ludes. Mine don't work either. Driver's multiplex is the culprit?
well i'd change the switch first. there's a multiplex unit in the door arm rest. it's one whole piece thing..switch and unit. i have two at home. i broke one trying to pop it open. u can try out the other one if u want. i'll bring it to the meet.

if ur drivers switches wont work, but u can control ur passenger window with the passenger switch, then it's probably the multiplex. if not it could be wiring. but that'd suck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I remembered something when the switches were dying...the windows would work when the door was open, and then when I closed the door, they wouldn't....please tell me that doesn't sound like wiring...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh that sucks. hopefully i can get a multiplex soon myself. a dude in the classifieds had one. pm'd the guy and everything weeks ago. 2 days ago he tells me he sold it locally last week. :laugh: lame. they're hard to find. gotta look at wrecked preludes

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

It's NUMBER 12

That sucker is behind the fuse box. PITA to pull out or install. It's $150 new from SLhonda, probably the same from Hondaautomotiveparts.com. no idea how much a junkyard like B&B would charge, maybe 20 or 30? u'd probably have to get it urself too.

Number 13 is the passenger side one. It could be that one too, depends on your problem. Brian had a spare one and we tried it on my car. wasn't that.

If you go outt here and get one pick up an extra if u can. I'll pay u for it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got a salvage yard contact online, got about 30 gen 5s in their stock. So, I'm going to take my car to the Honda dealership here in Wichita Falls today, see what the mechanic(s) think. If it's that multiplex, then I'll get one from the salvage yard. Pick you one up too, cool?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do you think they'd have headlight mountings? Or a silver front bumper?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts