Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, most of you know that i have Ground Controls on my car but in the last few weeks, i just can't take it anymore. The ride in my car is terrible, every little fvcking thing i can feel and the slightest pothole is translated through my suspension with what seems to be like a shotgun blast that sounds like my shock came up through the housing. And not to mention that the coilovers aren't fixed over the shocks, the make tiny little squeeking noises that drives my up the wall. So please, if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of spring that lowers preferably 1.3-1.5" and doesn't murder the drivability of the car, let me know.
Thanks in advance,
gills

------------------
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1995 Prelude VTEC w/ mods of course.
Why waste $ on a stereo? I juz' wan' speeeeeed n' looks:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well I have the Eibach Pro-kit coupled with some KYB AGX's and I have the stifness set on 3 of 4 and I would say it is liveable.. I am sure that If I turned them down to 1 or 2 outt 4 , 4 being the stiffest, it would be almost stock like in road feel, buy still handle better then stock...

andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tom,

If I were you I would go with some Eibach Sportlines. They drop the 4th gen about 1.7 or 1.8. I've seen them before and think they make the car look rather good. It wont be as low as our cars with the Ground Controls.....but will still look good and handle great!

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I have RS*R springs. They ride very like stock..on stock shocks..some people are surprised by how smooth the ride is. I don't know if they still make them though.

---Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i used to have eibach prokits and was very satisfied with them. they handle great and ride very good. But now i have eibach sportlines with tokico shocks and it rides very good also. I changed to sportlines b/c i wanted it lower. But they're both great springs!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
yeah, instead of new springs, get new shocks instead.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

G

·
I have been hearing good things about the Tanabe springs. Anyone have them? Where can I find more info on these? Pricing, etc...

------------------

*These RIMS are FOR SALE!*

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have Koni sports with the Neuspeed sport springs. works well. not too rough. the only time it's an issue is when the road is ****y as hell, and they any car would be bumpy... on normal pavement mine is not a problem at all.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have Neuspeed Race...they look the best by far(with stock rims) and the ride isn't as harsh as people make it out to be...but maybe I'm used to them cuz I already had them on my 93 Civic Si

------------------
99 Black Lude w/ Leather

"Let us combine all our efforts as Honda to go out there and win"
-Soichiro Honda, 1954

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mugen makes a just a spring? If so, for a 4th gen, that would be cool but they're probably cost an arm n' a leg. What about these tanabes? My bro has the prokit on his 95 TSI and the ride is not so bad, but i think he actually has the settings on his tockicos set to stiff.

Brian, i had sportlines on my 240sx and the ride was almost as bad as my lude with the GC's so i'm going to scratch them.
So i think i might do Prokit, H&R?, or Tanabe if i hear more good things about them. And if Mugen or
RS*R(James, if you know anything, let me know) does make a spring, i will take serious interest. Anyone with further knowledge that can give me some advice, please do so.

Thanks for the help guys,
gills

[This message has been edited by gills (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tom.....I had Neuspeed Sports before the Ground Controls and honestly the ride felt like stock. I think they lower about 1.3. Looks good....just wasnt aggressive enough for me
They are progressive springs so they are a soft ride until you push them, then they tighten up a bit. If you wanna see pics of how my car looked, just click on the pic below and it will bring you to my setup......hope this helps Tom....

BTW....are you racing at Pocono on the 12th?

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude

1 - 15 of 15 Posts