</font>
JUN cam gears man, the other gear is in my garage, i was to lazy to get it

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good stuff dude, how much are those JUN cam gears??

Also how much was the cams?? do u need to change the value spring and retainer as well??

Anyways, last question, what setup that u got that makes u run 15.45?? do u do brake start or????

[This message has been edited by Spoon-BB6 (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
I knew it's gonna be the Crowers Dan..haha..

I thought you changed your order to stage 1? Did you make sure that stock valvetrain can support stage 2 cams?

I've had Jun cam gears for about 1 year and I found they started to have a bit rust on the surface. You might want to put some coatings on the surface to avoid it, but it's no big deal.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
JUN cam gears man, the other gear is in my garage, i was to lazy to get it

</font>

[This message has been edited by LVSBB6 (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spoon-BB6:
Good stuff dude, how much are those JUN cam gears??

Also how much was the cams?? do u need to change the value spring and retainer as well??

Anyways, last question, what setup that u got that makes u run 15.45?? do u do brake start or????

[This message has been edited by Spoon-BB6 (edited April 25, 2001).]
</font>
the cam gears cost me like $350 i know, a hell of a lot to pay for gears.

i called again to confirm the stock valvetarin will work 100% fine, unless you go over the stock fuel cut (which wont ever happen anytime soon).

When i ran the 15.45 i had AEM cai, DC header, N1 catback, UR pullies, Fields VTEC controller.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
I knew it's gonna be the Crowers Dan..haha..

I thought you changed your order to stage 1? Did you make sure that stock valvetrain can support stage 2 cams?

I've had Jun cam gears for about 1 year and I found they started to have a bit rust on the surface. You might want to put some coatings on the surface to avoid it, but it's no big deal.

[This message has been edited by LVSBB6 (edited April 25, 2001).]
</font>
Yeah well they botched the order when i tried to change it i guess, but it doesnt bother me either way. I woulda been happy if i had gotten either set. Yes and i did call crower to confirm the stock valvetrain could handle it. Brian Crower did some quick math calculations and said that i would have something like 60 thousandths coil bind clearance or sumthing like that. And as long as i dont change the fuel cut i should be 100% fine. I will probably spray some WD-40 on the metal part of the gears to protect them.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
159 Posts
With those set up u got, those low end should be pretty bad like N1 exhaust or CAI for a SS

if u do brake start, how can u launch so fast?? i have tried many time but is no good for me.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With those set up u got, those low end should be pretty bad like N1 exhaust or CAI for a SS

if u do brake start, how can u launch so fast?? i have tried many time but is no good for me.
</font>
Well the UR pullies help A LOT you get soo much more TQ off the line. And just practice a LOT.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
When are you getting them installed and dyno?? Your mods is somewhat similiar to mine. I am really interested to see your results. I may consider selling my Type S cams for the Crowers if they work as good as advertised.

Yeah well they botched the order when i tried to change it i guess, but it doesnt bother me either way. I woulda been happy if i had gotten either set. Yes and i did call crower to confirm the stock valvetrain could handle it. Brian Crower did some quick math calculations and said that i would have something like 60 thousandths coil bind clearance or sumthing like that. And as long as i dont change the fuel cut i should be 100% fine. I will probably spray some WD-40 on the metal part of the gears to protect them.

</font>

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
When are you getting them installed and dyno?? Your mods is somewhat similiar to mine. I am really interested to see your results. I may consider selling my Type S cams for the Crowers if they work as good as advertised.

</font>
hhhhmmmm i would ideally like to get them installed within the next 2 or so weeks. I will be doing the install myself. I just need to go get a 10mm deep well socket to adjust my valves with afterwards.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
the cam gears cost me like $350 i know, a hell of a lot to pay for gears.

i called again to confirm the stock valvetarin will work 100% fine, unless you go over the stock fuel cut (which wont ever happen anytime soon).

When i ran the 15.45 i had AEM cai, DC header, N1 catback, UR pullies, Fields VTEC controller.

</font>

You forgot about the smaller tires you were also running on

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:

You forgot about the smaller tires you were also running on
</font>
HAHAHAHA
...well that was only a temporary thing, cuz i hade to get my rims painted.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
DYI01, where did you order your cam from man, how much. So tell us aftr the dyno and install man how it sound. Also dude tell me how the idle is. IS it annyoing. very intrested man.

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
DYI01, where did you order your cam from man, how much. So tell us aftr the dyno and install man how it sound. Also dude tell me how the idle is. IS it annyoing. very intrested man.

·
Registered
298 Posts
sweet, i am eager to hear how they work for you. i've been looking at the stage 2 myself. hope your install goes well.
later

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dragazn:
DYI01, where did you order your cam from man, how much. So tell us aftr the dyno and install man how it sound. Also dude tell me how the idle is. IS it annyoing. very intrested man. </font>

i ordered them from www.crower.com they were like $640 or sumthing.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
159 Posts
just how well does the Pulley do?? u say it improves a lot of low end, but i have heard that pullies from other ppl saying that it doesn't do much, i don't know which side i should believe in, so can u plz give me more info thx.

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
You can definitely feel the gains, it's one of the best mod I did. The entire power band is much better, more torque is available at lower rpm.

just how well does the Pulley do?? u say it improves a lot of low end, but i have heard that pullies from other ppl saying that it doesn't do much, i don't know which side i should believe in, so can u plz give me more info thx.</font>

1 - 20 of 34 Posts