Honda Prelude Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okok, first though its not directly related to ludes i still feel this should be in this forum since malken owns this site... this posts is about the site as a whole... and malken drives a lude... so yea, LUDE <-- there u go mods

anyways, what i want to say is that im kinda jealous of the physical presentation of SHO now. not only did they fix their speed problem but everything looks so much nicer. hell, even that scroll bar on the side of the window is color matched in blue!!

i know content is more important than appearance. but c'mon guys and Malken, dont we deserve a nice looking board too? more features? more interaction? overall a better website!! thats what sho has done honestly and as much as i hate sho, im look down on our sites appearance and ability to form a true community and attract even more people.

SO WHO THINKS WE NEED A NICE MAKE OVER HUH?! C'MON MALKEN! WE DESERVE IT MORE THAN SHO!!!

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey man, im not joking around though. im very serious and want malken to take this into consideration for the good of H-A.

this should not be OT

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
I don't understand though

This site looks fine to me, the speed is excellent, and we are allowed features not included in SHO's platform such as sig-pics, etc....

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Hey Ng don't take it so seriously!
have a beer!
Sure Sho is looking quite pretty but the content (and it hurts to say this as Sho was and still is occasionally, my home) is woeful. really sad for Mike. I just don't know whats gone wrong.
I don't think H.A looks bad at all.
Just my opinion you Pyromaniacs!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go check out their site. they have like this calander thing thats very useful in setting up events. got bdays of everyone. got this little personal messaging service thing... they have that ability to post polls on a thread.. and other stuff i probably am not aware off.

its the presentation and the supply of resources that helps them attract people...

im totally not saying ours look bad. this newer look (compared to the black one) is much much better imo. i just think we can still improve on it. especailly add a few more goodies for us to play with here. im not saying we r slower or less mature or anything like that either. just the lack of the neat stuff...

i dont see why we need to not care about improving the quality of the interface of our site. ;D

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
SHO = H-A for all intents and purposes.

I don't care for appearance too much. It's the content that bugs me, and H-A = SHO. I'll note that it's not because SHO has suddenly improved its posting quality . . .

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
okok, first though its not directly related to ludes i still feel this should be in this forum since malken owns this site... this posts is about the site as a whole... and malken drives a lude... so yea, LUDE <-- there u go mods

anyways, what i want to say is that im kinda jealous of the physical presentation of SHO now. not only did they fix their speed problem but everything looks so much nicer. hell, even that scroll bar on the side of the window is color matched in blue!!

i know content is more important than appearance. but c'mon guys and Malken, dont we deserve a nice looking board too? more features? more interaction? overall a better website!! thats what sho has done honestly and as much as i hate sho, im look down on our sites appearance and ability to form a true community and attract even more people.

SO WHO THINKS WE NEED A NICE MAKE OVER HUH?! C'MON MALKEN! WE DESERVE IT MORE THAN SHO!!!

</font>
Do you not understand how much work Malken puts into the web site? I think it looks fine. Besides, function over form, right? I am sure that Malken wouldn't mind you taking over the site if you want to make it all pretty and everything. It's a lot of work, and when someone comes along and says "hey, look at xxxxxxxxx, they have a nice looking board, we deserve one too!" It sounds rather ungrateful. I think Malken's job is a rather thankless job. When's the last time you guys thanked him for hosting the site? Do you realize the bandwidth that this site uses every DAY?

I think the web site looks fine.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
go check out their site. they have like this calander thing thats very useful in setting up events. got bdays of everyone. got this little personal messaging service thing... they have that ability to post polls on a thread.. and other stuff i probably am not aware off.

its the presentation and the supply of resources that helps them attract people...
</font>
Personal messaging? Have you ever heard of E-MAIL? E-mail addresses are in everyone's profile.

Calander? Birthdays? What the **** do you want to know birthdays for?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
If you have to try to make something stay in the Prelude board it obviously does NOT belong here. Locking......

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.