Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I just don't get the parameters we are supposed to work too.
Dr James post a thread about cancelling his WRX order. Now I expected that to be locked but it wasn't so I guess I was wrong.
Overdose posts a thread about his lude and his concerns about getting it wrecked and asks his fellow Lude owners what we think he should do about it.
The post gets Locked. I was surprised.
Can one of the Mods explain this because on the surface there doesn't seem to be any consistency.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Saying "in before the lock" isn't cool anymore.

[This message has been edited by assmaster(edited April 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Merlin1xx1 (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andrewdelvard:
Sorry I just don't get the parameters we are supposed to work too.
Dr James post a thread about cancelling his WRX order. Now I expected that to be locked but it wasn't so I guess I was wrong.
Overdose posts a thread about his lude and his concerns about getting it wrecked and asks his fellow Lude owners what we think he should do about it.
The post gets Locked. I was surprised.
Can one of the Mods explain this because on the surface there doesn't seem to be any consistency.
</font>

agree.. i m sick of hearing WRX.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
there is no explanation. if it's a topic the mods probably relate to, they won't lock it. or if it's one of the more respected members.

all boards are biased regarding locked threads.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
I didn't lock his post but I will say this much........his had less to do with a car in general than Dr James' post. His dealt more with a social issue.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Mods are kind of like Police Officers for the Forum.

Some are Thread Lock Nazis, others aren't as strict.

Then you have the rookies like o0OO0o who lock them because of the rush of power he feel's. The Veterans snicker about this I am sure.

Don't get mad guys, just pokin a little fun.

I have been called a traffic nazi at work before, especially in my rookie days.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Overall I think the mods are doing fine. Things could have easily gone to hell-in-a-handbasket after the last influx of Superhonda guys, but they didn't. That was handled pretty efficiently.

The reason a post like Dr. Jame's doesn't get locked right away probably has more to do with the fact that he's been here forever and many of the members know him and want to hear about the WRX. His opinion carries more weight in the Prelude Forum than it would in Off-Topic where 90% of us wouldn't even see it... So they cut him a little slack.

Maybe it's not right 100% of the time, but as Joon said the other day - there are a lot worse forums out there.

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IXLR8:
The reason a post like Dr. Jame's doesn't get locked right away probably has more to do with the fact that he's been here forever and many of the members know him and want to hear about the WRX. His opinion carries more weight in the Prelude Forum than it would in Off-Topic where 90% of us wouldn't even see it... So they cut him a little slack.</font>
That be it.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
I still remember that I post a topic of "WRX" and it got locked and moved right away.. It just doesn't sound right to me while others have "WRX" topics stayed here forever regardless of how long he has been a member of HA.net

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ywwong:
I still remember that I post a topic of "WRX" and it got locked and moved right away.. It just doesn't sound right to me while others have "WRX" topics stayed here forever regardless of how long he has been a member of HA.net</font>
I see what you're saying but that's just the way things go sometimes, on the board AND in real life.

------------------

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I see what you're saying but that's just the way things go sometimes, on the board AND in real life.

</font>
I dare you to lock this now

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
I dare you to lock this now

</font>
For your information I did lock this, and then reopened it.

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But that doesn't make it right or acceptable.
Consistency must be demonstrated by the moderators otherwise I'd suggest confusion and resentment will be felt by forum members.
Look at what happened with this thread it was closed and then reopened. So I speculate that was because it was felt we have something to discuss here.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
For your information I did lock this, and then reopened it.

</font>

I wasn't paying attention, I'm just ribbin' ya anyway! I've got no beef with how the locking happens.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andrewdelvard:
But that doesn't make it right or acceptable.
Consistency must be demonstrated by the moderators otherwise I'd suggest confusion and resentment will be felt by forum members.
Look at what happened with this thread it was closed and then reopened. So I speculate that was because it was felt we have something to discuss here.
</font>
Hmmmmmmmmm, if you go back to what I wrote before you'll see that I mentioned that overdose's post was more of a social issue while DrJames' was more car oriented. Do you agree or disagree? I think most would agree with me on that statement though. Overdose's post being more of a social issue is why I agree with o0OO0o's locking of that post.

On the subject of off topic posts in general, I let some slide now. A little while ago when we were having the mass influx of people I put a stop to any and all OT posts in an attempt to not let havoc run amuck. Now that the influx has slowed down I'll let some OT stay.

I just want to clarify that I didn't lock overdose's post. So hopefully he won't have anything against me personally. But I have to admit that I would have done what o0OO0o did if I saw it before him. (nothing against overdose though)

------------------

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IXLR8:
The reason a post like Dr. Jame's doesn't get locked right away probably has more to do with the fact that he's been here forever and many of the members know him and want to hear about the WRX. His opinion carries more weight in the Prelude Forum than it would in Off-Topic where 90% of us wouldn't even see it... So they cut him a little slack.</font>
the main reason why i moved (keyword here: moved) overdose's post to OT is that threads like that usually end up in heated debates that aren't necessarily related to preludes. i let the moved threads stay visible 90% of the time (unless it's a totally irrelevant 4sale post) so our members would know about them and can participate in the discussion in OT if they choose to.

and as for Dr. James' thread, yep that's pretty much what IXLR8 said. not just Dr. James, but a lot of times i/we let threads stay if i/we feel that they don't 'hurt' our board, even if they aren't directly related to preludes.

if you guys have any issues or concerns, you can always email me/us. a locked thread can always be re-opened if there's a good reason for it.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>
[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
the main reason why i moved (key word here: moved) overdose's post to OT ...</font>
Good point.......if you go to OT his post DOES have replies so it's not like his topic is killed.

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
On the subject of off topic posts in general, I let some slide now. A little while ago when we were having the mass influx of people I put a stop to any and all OT posts in an attempt to not let havoc run amuck. Now that the influx has slowed down I'll let some OT stay.</font>
that's exactly why i was being trigger-happy when i first became a moderator: the boards was just flooded with OT stuff day and night. i think that's also the reason why malken felt that we need another 'active' moderator.

i'm not blaming anything on the ex-SHO members, rather, i think it's just the newer members not being used to the rules of this board. imo it's all good now.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
c'mon guys, they are mods for a reason.
they are the guardians of this board, and if they move/lock threads, they have their reasons.

imo, overdose's post (although does deal w/ his car) is OT because it deals w/ some immature 25 yr old wanting to kick his @ss.
however, Dr. James' post about his WRX deals w/ his next project.. and frankly, no one in OT will care.. but i'm sure most of us in here would like to know how it turns out.

what's the point of *knowing the parameters* of locking threads? mods do what they have to do and that's it. if you have noticed, a lot of OT threads are left here as of late. that stretch of locked threads happenened was because they were trying to keep order in here and preventing the transformation to another SHO.

anyway... keep up the good work guys!

p.s. - i'm sure they meant no disrespect to OverDose, and i'm sure he's not offended by it.

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 25, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts