Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to see the best place locally to get a new cap/rotor for my distributor. I'll be changing the oil tomorrow, and figured I might as well swap those parts out to try to fix the part-throttle hesitation below 3000 RPM all of us H22 fiends seem to enjoy.

I was going to order online from Majestic, but is there any place locally I can pick them up...obviously a honda dealer or a junkyard, but I am trying to avoid getting used parts or getting ripped off by the dealer.

Any ideas?

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
I think your best bet is the dealer.

autoparts stores probably won't have the parts in stock and OEM parts are usually of higher quality than replacements

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much should I expect to pay for a set of Plugs, Cap and Rotor?

thanks for the help G_loc

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
depends on what plugs you get. I would personally get some copper plugs and throw in a fresh set every year or so. As for the cap and rotor get a new one. I mean, that is kinda like buying used tires. Why not go all out and buy a new one and change it once right?

·
Super Moderator
3,007 Posts
Don't bother with ordering online with Majestic... They add a 5$ handling fee... stick with Hparts.com. I got mine within a couple days by regular shipping. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
i got my cap and rotor (h23) for 50 at the dealership... thats gonna be your best bet, they'll have it in stock for sure.

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I plan on changing my oil tomorrow...and figured I'd keep the tools out to change the plugs, cap and rotor.

It looks like I'll end up getting just plugs, as well as the oil stuff I need.

My car seems to have the part-throttle hesitation problem when cold...hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones who gets it fixed with new plugs, cap, rotor...and maybe wires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts