Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I moved into this new complex and there is a lot of trees, and I have noticed million of tiny yellow dots all over my paint, and nothing will get it off !! Is this tree sap or some kind of pollen or some sh*it ?? Has anyone else ever had this problem ?
Any info on some kind of cleaner or wash would be great, this sh*it will not come off by normal means, and it is ALL over my car.

Thanks freaks !! : )

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone............
Anyone............
Anyone know the answer............
Anyone............
Anyone know what the answer is............
Anyone...............
Voodoo Economics.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, these are tiny little dots. Almost like little speckles.
There are hundreds of thousands of them, all on my paint and on my windows, and they don't come off. I washed my car, and used some cleaner wax, tree sap remover, bug and tar spray, quick detailer, man, I used everything in my arsenal. I will have to try the clay bar though, haven't tried that yet. Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
christ that sounds crazy
was someone painting a building around where you were parked?? i used to help a friend with a really crooked roofing company and they wouldnt tie down the front of peoples cars that well when they were painting the buildings around this apartment complex.......... needless to say a couple cars got hosed.... course the roofing company paid for it.. but they went under a couple months after that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
have you parked under a tree lately... it sounds like it my be sap or soemthing from a tree... but then again, you might ahve been following a striping machine on the HWY or someone might have striped a parking lot near you or that house painting idea.... hell, it could be allot of different things.... find a small section of them and dry soem goo-b-gone or goopoff or something like that and see if it works... good luck!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
It's probably pollen since your under trees. I get small yellow spots like that on my car too. Sometimes you have to rub it a little with your fingers to remove it while rinsing your car, or clay bar works good too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad Ass.....thanks for the suggestions !! I will try the clay bar and see what that does. All I know is that one day it wasn't there, and the next, I was like HOLY SH*IT, WTF is this crap on my car !! But where I park at work and at home, there's no way paint could have gotten on there without me knowing. I got some off but it took five or six tries with some heavy duty tar remover stuff and then I was tired. : )

·
400whp club reject
2,411 Posts
Clay bar, I had these specs of what looks like rust on my back bumper for a year. I didn't know what it was and it never came off till I clay bar'ed it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i hear those rust-looking spots are caused by brake dust. anyone else heard that?

·
Registered
206 Posts
i had those!!! I think they are some kind of pollen sh!t and they don't wipe right off. They don't even rub off. They start to disappear after a while when the houston acid rain eats if off.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I had some small yellow specles on my lude and didn't know what they were, they "came" with the car when I got it. I ended up taking some nail polish remover and would rub a soaked cotton swab on the spot and then wipe it off with a wet (water) towel. It worked good, but took quite some time since there were so many. I think they were paint splatters off the road from following someone too close.

·
It was a funny angle..
312 Posts
Do you live near an airport or in the path of low flying planes? It could be fuel. It sucks and the airport won't admitt that the planes drop anything. A good carwash like dura-gloss will dissolve the yellow spots. Just another thought. Oh yeah the airport claims that its pollen. I lived in the country for 20 years and did not have one spot on my cars (even my black one) until I moved to the city. Hmmm. Its the planes...

·
Texas
734 Posts
i had it from the tree in my backyard...scratched most of it off with my finger nail...a few stubborn ones left, tried the clay bar and it didn't work either...sooo i've pretty much given up too

stuff is hard on the surface, scratch it off and it leaves all this nasty resin type crap over my fingernails

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use to detail cars when i was in high school and these are some of the things it might be from my experience.

Overspray, sap, acid rain, brake dust, rust, pollen.

But the clay bar does do wonders, but do yourself a favor and dont but the whole spray n clay set. the spray doesnt even do anything special. We used to just use clay and water.

Dont use playdoh though, we tried it once and it smears. Some kind of additive so that kids wont die from eating it i think.

J

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I was gonna go and get a clay bar and clean my ride this afternoon, but it looks like the rain is back again here in Dallas Texas. This god damn rain won't stop !!

But that's crazy about the airplanes !! I have heard that before though. But I don't really live close to the airport, and what's weird is that I park next to my GF at night and her car had none of these yellow things on it. Hmmm. And hopefully the clay bar will work for me, I can't stand there being wierd specks of sh*it on my black car, it shows up so good. My next car will be silver
or that bad ass grey color like the new Acuras.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yellow dots

I researched this and found that the yellow spots are bee poop (pollen mixed with honey, actually). The expert from the U of Cal says she just soaks the spots with warm water (to cut the honey) and they wipe off. Seems too easy to me, but the answer makes sense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts