Honda Prelude Online banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!
827 Posts
I don't know where I'm at with whiskey, but I sure do love getting nice and warm on a bottle of Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Old Rasputin.

(I'm REALLY warm right now)

as far as cocktails go? My house drink is garbage but tasty. New Amsterdam Gin, and 7-Up. No shame.

Out in public? 7&7.

·
12,804 Posts
I've been more heavily into tequila lately. Clase Azul, Casamigos, Espolòn, Herradura, Don 1942, etc.

Scotch/whiskey I have a good selection at home. Typically go for the hibiki these days. Want a bottle of yamazaki 18 but good lord it's $$$ now.

But I still drink beer the most.

Speaking of which I was recently in nashville and went to the jack daniel's distillery. Was an interesting experience! Did not know all the water comes from a spring within the property.

·
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Wow. Thanks for the pics, ODL. Knew that was the case but never saw the pics.

As for the Yamazaki 18, I have a bottle here as a bday gift that I'm trying so hard not to drink.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Since this thread was previously expanded to include all whiskeys, I'll make my contribution. I'm currently enjoying a celebratory glass of Redbreast 21.

I tasted it while I was in Ireland last year, and compared it against several other Irish whiskeys. It stood head & shoulders above the others I tried. I should've bought one at duty-free before I came home, but missed that boat. So I bought a couple of bottles a few months back and I just cracked the first one open. It is still as fantastic as I remember. I just wish I had the palate to really detect all the notes in it. But even with my unrefined palate, it's very smooth & creamy and I can pick up a hint of oak, vanilla and I think sherry.

Dave: what was the whiskey you were describing? The image link is dead.
I was introduced to this at a wedding recently

61 - 65 of 65 Posts