Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a friend of mine from an online forum. He has a really nice 02 Lightning with a few mods done to it. He dynod 392 and 470 before the electric fan and shaved water pump so he should be pusshing over 400 to the wheels now. Its pretty impressive we ran from 40-120 in the video. I let off at the top of 4th, we weren't in a good place to run out some of 5th but it would of been interesting i'm sure.

http://home.attbi.com/~preludelc3/lightning.wmv

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
whoa now thats what i like to see....but im pretty sure if you went to 5th it would be fun

·
Registered
250 Posts
man..nice race!!!! How fast does that lightning run the 1/4?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
yea, when i was running the 50 shot in austin, a f150 harley whooomped me off the line. IT was crazy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
japnoyboi said:
it'd be better if they were manual..lightnings are all automatics i believe.
Thats the harley that is auto only. The lightning is manual.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
japnoyboi said:
it'd be better if they were manual..lightnings are all automatics i believe.
When you are pushing a decent amount of power it doesn't make much if a difference if you are an auto or a manual. Now if you are talking smaller motors like imports it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
mercedes autos are the shiznit and look at the ws6's...the auto and 5spd are almost identical. but who wants to drive a auto with all that power..how boring imo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good Race! I noticed and read some of your posts on the Lightning Forum. I have 01 with lots of mods and hitting 12's. I use to own a nitrous 00 lude, but nothing feels better then being BLOWN!!!
:)
Lightnings only come with autos. But the new ones coming out will be manuals and about 500 horse.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I raced one last week with intake, full exhaust, 12 pound pulley, reprogrammed ECU and shift kit. He put 390 something hp and some gross number of torque. But we went from a 10 punch and I was able to stay in front of him till about 100-105 where he eventually won by about 3 feet. I want a rematch but this time from a stop. We also raced with his 100 shot on and it wasn't even funny. He walked me hard, I almost cryed a little from losing that bad to a truck.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jrluder97 said:
I raced one last week with intake, full exhaust, 12 pound pulley, reprogrammed ECU and shift kit. He put 390 something hp and some gross number of torque. But we went from a 10 punch and I was able to stay in front of him till about 100-105 where he eventually won by about 3 feet. I want a rematch but this time from a stop. We also raced with his 100 shot on and it wasn't even funny. He walked me hard, I almost cryed a little from losing that bad to a truck.
you should race the guy in the video above i know him, if you want to let me know i'll give him a call, he put down 392 to the wheels before a few extra mods. its funny to hear us say we want from a stop considering they would kill us if they had traction but you should run him, pm me if you want to! good job

1 - 20 of 20 Posts