Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Eh. :(
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the largest injectors I can put on a 5th gen 'lude without any additional fuel managment (VAFC, standalone, FPR, etc)
CC's and possibly sources (if available cheaply from another car)

The reason I ask is that a friend is giving me some DSM 440's and I want to know if the ECU can compensate for the larger injector.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
well the ecu won't compensate at all for a larger injector as far as I know. You would need to use a V-AFC.

I don't know if you'd really want to drop the FP any lower than stock the injectors may really underperform at low fp....

What is the range of adjustment on a V-AFC?

Let me ask you, what do you want a larger injector for? 440 is way to big for NA

·
Registered
297 Posts
Plenty of people who run low boost find the dsm 440's work really well with the vafc. Sure you could probably use them, but it would be way overkill for n/a

-Jeff-

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
would it be feasible to run a little bit larger injectors with some kind of management with a mild N/A setup???(i/e/c/p/h/cams, etc)?

·
Eh. :(
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured the 440s were way too big, I was looking for what the ecu could handle on it's own so I would run a bit richer on the bottle.
I've heard before that the Honda ECUs can self-tune the injectors through the long-term fuel trims, and can correct for injectors up to 20 or 30% (don't remember which) larger than stock. On a 5th gen with stock 290cc, that would be either 340 or 380cc injectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts