Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
disco bandit
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aaah shaddap lol it's apparantly in the same vein as baraka/microcosmos/chronos just wanted to see the opinions of anyone who's seen them before I buy 'em

·
99 Base 5spd
376 Posts
Are these the ones in the same vein as Baraka? If so, I've been intending to check out at least one of them for a long time now. Let me know what you think of whichever one you see. I absolutely loved Baraka - thought it was amazing...

edit: lol - I didn't even see your response; funny we used the exact same phrase :laugh:

·
Hon hon hon
3,261 Posts
These movies are pretty trippy, with some crazy ass music. We watched them in my lower division humanities classes for GE. The director (Godfrey Reggio) also came to UCSD that same year and gave a talk. Needless to say, he was something of a crackpot, who smoked cigarettes while at the same time preaching against corporate america. I might buy one of them, maybe the newest one, and if you like it, buy the others. They are definitely an acquired taste...

·
Machinezellet
432 Posts
I've seen Koyaanisqatsi. I think the coolest part was seeing a slice of life in the mid- to late-70's. Basically it was a bunch of clips of everyday sprawling/mechanized/polluting human life contrasted with some beautiful nature clips to show how "out of balance" we've become...for an hour and a half. I wasn't moved by it. Lots of people apparently are though, so maybe I'm just too desensitized.

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
Koyaanisqatsi is one of my all time favorite movies.

My Dad bought the laser disc version back when I was 15, and I have watched that movie countless times.

You feel as though you are watching the world from the outside, and you can see into each individuals life, by looking into their eyes, and seeing their facial expressions, due to the slow speed of the playback at times.

The movie, released in 1982, is pure genious imo, and it sheds a much different light on society at the time.

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Hmmm... I still have Baraka unopened. I guess I should get around to it...

But then again, I also have about 20 laserdisc movies I haven't gotten around to opening either, so... :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts