for function? yes
for form? no

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
I like them
please let me know if you find a 17" application for preludes...maybe 16" too. I'm not sure what I am looking for yet but these are on the list of rims I want.

Thanks

</font>
Tirerack replied me they have 17 x 7.5 offset +45mm gunmetal.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by deceptakon:
for function? yes
for form? no
</font>

I have commented on this on another thread but, I agree with deceptakon.

They are not too bad though and they are cheap. If only I could afford some Racing Harts or Volks.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much the 15* 7 weighs? Something along the lines of 15 lbs? I was wondering in case I ever decide to go to the track if these would be worth the weight savings over my stock 17lb rims.

I think they are a good inexpensive racing rim, but like a couple of other people have said, the center is too exposed. My neighbor has them on his Eclipse GSX and the center just seems like it's missing something. It doesn't help that his lugs are rusty.

JP

[This message has been edited by jpprelude (edited April 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by jpprelude (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpprelude:
Can anyone tell me how much the 15* 7 weighs? Something along the lines of 15 lbs? I was wondering in case I ever decide to go to the track if these would be worth the weight savings over my stock 17lb rims.
- snip -
</font>
Forget the weight savings (which should be huge over 17's). Get them and 225/50 rubber for the increased torque and acceleration. It does wonders for the "feel" of the car in terms of gear ratio and handling (with the wider offset). I normally run 225/50's on the stock 16's and used Billy's 225/50 15 K1's this weekend- world of difference. Unless you need to top out at 140mph, you're MUCH better off with the 15's.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
Forget the weight savings (which should be huge over 17's). Get them and 225/50 rubber for the increased torque and acceleration. It does wonders for the "feel" of the car in terms of gear ratio and handling (with the wider offset). I normally run 225/50's on the stock 16's and used Billy's 225/50 15 K1's this weekend- world of difference. Unless you need to top out at 140mph, you're MUCH better off with the 15's. </font>
Thanks a lot man, but I said 17 pounds, not 17 inches. Just for the track, because daily I roll on 18s (slow).

JP

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Thanks a lot man, but I said 17 pounds, not 17 inches. Just for the track, because daily I roll on 18s (slow).
JP
</font>
Sorry- I'm a loser.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
I like them
please let me know if you find a 17" application for preludes...maybe 16" too. I'm not sure what I am looking for yet but these are on the list of rims I want.

Thanks

</font>
For us it seems only 15 or 17 with these wheels, the 16's have pretty low offset, like +35, maybe intended for ITR's or something. But maybe Tire Rack has more options available than is typically listed.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts

JP</font>
Aren't the stock rims 19 lb? This is a 5th gen right?

Oops, forgot to answer your question... I think they're 13lb in 15x7. If anyone has the 2001 SCCA Solo2 rulebook, there's a Tirerack.com ad that lists the weights of the K1's and SSR Competitions (I think those were 11 lb!).

[This message has been edited by Pork Chop (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think the rim is light and looks very good. Simple design..But..IMO..In person..Sometimes it can look plastic or like a toy material wheelish feel..know what I mean? But my friends getting that for his GSR in gun mettalic..And I know it will look good..

If you don't have any other wheels to consider...I'd say go for it.

U can't go wrong with kosei k1

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Just so you guys know, Tirerack buys the K1's in blanks, and can custom drill any boltpattern, and machine any offset for you. So you can get a 16" that will fit the Prelude. You most likely will pay a little more the custom wheel, but if you really want a 16" K1 this is the way to go. I know they can do this with the 15" and the 16", but not sure about the 17. I had the 17" for my old 4th gen, and they rubbed like hell on the back fender. They were supposedly a 17x7.5" with a +45 offset. I don't believe it though.

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:
Just so you guys know, Tirerack buys the K1's in blanks, and can custom drill any boltpattern, and machine any offset for you. So you can get a 16" that will fit the Prelude. You most likely will pay a little more the custom wheel, but if you really want a 16" K1 this is the way to go. I know they can do this with the 15" and the 16", but not sure about the 17. I had the 17" for my old 4th gen, and they rubbed like hell on the back fender. They were supposedly a 17x7.5" with a +45 offset. I don't believe it though.</font>
ohh damn.... they will rub? i was going to order it. I asked TireRack already. they said they won't make 48mm offset for me...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts