Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might wnat to get these for my 5th gen lude. the silver ones. what do you guys think. does anyone have pics of them on a lude?

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

G

·
I have them. 15 x 7 for racing. I like them. Very inexpensive, and quite light. For a street rim, the only thing I wouldn't like is that they don't have a center cap.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have two sets that are both 15" for racing. Here is a small picture of my silver ones a couple of years ago at a lapping event.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
in 17" for our cars??
they have the size and offset??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
yes!! go with those......I am still waiting for my gunmetal K1 to come in.......

relatively cheap and rather light.
</font>

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hey, if u didnt know already, there r pics of the K1 in my thread regarding rims made in taiwan... its on the 1st pg.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I didn't know there was a 15 inch rim that fits our car. Wow..learned something new today.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Ugly but, lightweight.

This is my humble opinion.

If your racing who cares, for the street....I would go with something else, on the other hand I am a tightwad when it comes to wheels so I might take the K1's lightweight over looks if cost is a concern. The ones I really want, Racing Harts or Volk lightweight wheels, are too expensive.

I have this problem with meaning to get wheels and tires, then when I have the money, ohhh look, I can do something else to my engine.

[This message has been edited by VeeTec (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
did Dr. James say they rub? or was it the SSR rims??

i think the gunmetal/anthracite ones look sweet.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
My 17" K1's rubbed on my rear fender. But for your info, call Tire Rack, they buy the K1's in Blanks and can custom drill and machine any bolt pattern and offset in the K1's. I just read this last week in a SCC I believe it was. not sure if they do this with the 17" wheels, but they do for the 15 and 16" wheels. I would call and ask them.

G

·
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?! COOL!!!!!! I didn't know that they could do that. I have the last SCC, and I must have overlooked it. Can you tell me where it's at in the magazine. I am going to have to read it very, very carefully.

Woo hoo, maybe I can get some 15 x 8s!

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Yeah, I just read it. I am going to have to give them a call. It's in the May issue of SCC.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Yeah, I just read it. I am going to have to give them a call. It's in the May issue of SCC.

</font>
LOL
finally something that Billy doesn't know. i thought that would never happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts