Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Koni Yellows with GC Coilovers right now.
Can the koni yellows be used with a normal drop spring? I think there was a special Koni for Neuspeed springs, but not for the GC right?

I like the firmness of the GC, but the drop is just too low in the rears even at max height and I feel like I'm bottoming out sometimes too.

Anybody wanna trade for some pro-kits or tein s or something? :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
no, Koni's will work with any spring, or any spring type coilover.

How low are you looking to be? And do you have your Koni's set on the higest perch and it's still too low?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
naw, the only 'special' koni's were for the Neuspeed springs, and they came as a set kinda like a coilover setup. And the only difference I believe between the neuspeed koni's and the regular koni's were the height perches were set at different intervals, and the stiffness was a little different, no? In any case they could be used with other springs also.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
prelude styl said:
no, Koni's will work with any spring, or any spring type coilover.

How low are you looking to be? And do you have your Koni's set on the higest perch and it's still too low?
yup, Koni's are at max, rear GC are at max and it's still too low, I just want to be about 1" lower than stock.. I wonder if the GCs I have are the 'show' ones for slammin'

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
This is strange, b/c most people I hear w/ the Koni/GC setup are in heaven, and LOVING their setup. I loved my Koni's till I destroyed them, but now I've begun front end suspension restoration, one part at a time.

J

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the shocks, but the GC is too short, who knows what the previous owner did.

one last question.. which perch is the 'normal' setting?
I've heard center all around, and then I've heard center up front and top on the rears.. which is right?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I often wonder the same thing, the only way to relly tell is to set it next to a stock strut I guess... damn, shoulda kept one of those.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
according to Koni

the 'regular' koni sports are top in front and middle in rear. this is your setting if you have 2 perches up front and 3 in the rear.

prelude styl- ahhh, thats a good idea, I was given some stock ones with my car...

now the only question is tein s.tech springs or eibach, I want the smallest drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts