Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 Prelude and i want to lower it and im looking at Ground Control but Im still undecided on the shocks/struts to go with! Which would be better the Koni or the Tokico Illuminas for the price?

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
depends how low you are willing to drop your ride,konis can handle really low drops well,kyb agx doesnt warranty drops over 1.5 inches,and I dont know for sure,but I dont think tokicos would be able to handle slammed rides well

·
Tyler
501 Posts
hustler904 said:
depends how low you are willing to drop your ride,konis can handle really low drops well,kyb agx doesnt warranty drops over 1.5 inches,and I dont know for sure,but I dont think tokicos would be able to handle slammed rides well

Why not? Just curious? I wouldn't see why....

But, I've heard good things about Tokico. Overall though, I've heard better about Koni. Aren't pretty close in price? I know I got my Konis for 525....

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
find a good set of used konis, they come up occasionally here in the classifieds

i had konis and they were great

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for price ive found konis as low as $510 and Illuminas as low as about $400 or $425.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
used shocks is a big nono

and you know this was coming....

Get TEIN SS yO!

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
how much do you want to drop it, if its small kybs are fine, larger drops you may need tokicos or you can get a set of teins for the price of GCs and konis

·
6,152 Posts
thats why i said to get TEINS yO!....for the price of GC and Koni's and maybe give or take $50 bucks....you have something way better than GC's and Koni's

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wheres the best place to buy TEINS? As for the drop im looking at about 2 inches or so! Also whats a good price for TEINS?

·
6,152 Posts
PM TurboEvo...$875 shipped...

TEINS are adjustable and you can also adjust stiffness/softness

2 inches is no problem for them just remember to keep the setting at 8 for break-in

·
6,152 Posts
damn right!!!!

IMO and many others, the TEINS are one of the best options to go with....so why not pay a little more and get a really good suspension? spend the extra money...your lude is worth it...hehe

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got another question! Which TEINS to go with BASIC or SS i know BASIC doesnt have the adj shocks but are the adj shocks worth the extra $170 because i found the TEIN BASIC for $705 and the SS for $875.

·
6,152 Posts
i havent read too much about the BASIC so i couldnt tell you but if theyre not adjustable...i dunno???? im lost...are they springs??

SS are close to stock ride quality and great for street/daily driving/tearing up twisties...

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BASIC is just a coil over kit like the SS just non adj shocks but adj ride height and preformance shocks that the only difference, i was just wondering is the $170 more for the SS worth it

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
for the price of GC and Koni's and maybe give or take $50 bucks....you have something way better than GC's and Koni's
That is subjective. It depends on your application. For street use, I agree... for other applications I don't agree...

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Mike03 said:
BASIC is just a coil over kit like the SS just non adj shocks but adj ride height and preformance shocks that the only difference, i was just wondering is the $170 more for the SS worth it
I would HIGHLY recommend adjustable dampers regardless of what springs/coilovers you choose. You will thank me later. There is nothing worst than being stuck with a setup you don't like. With adjustable dampers you can decide what too stiff is, in lieu of going off of everyone else's opinion.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I agree that TIENS maybe a better setup, however with koni yellows and ground controls, you do get lifetime warranty with them. So if u blow a shock, send it back to koni and they will send you a new one. As for springs, if they prove to be defective, ground control will replace them. So in essence u have lifetime warranty on the major components of your suspension. Just thought I'd throw that out for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts