Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and there wasn't a real concensus. So here it is. I have read that the Koni yellows set in the stock height provide an even lower drop. How much 1/2"? I want to figure this into my choice of springs. Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The yellow koni's have 3 different perch settings. By adjusting the c clip on the perch you can get an aditional 20mm of drop.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
The Konis provide additional drop, I believe 1.5". This is regardless of what spring you use, stock or aftermarket. If you get a spring that drops 1", you can drop either 1" or 2.5". I'd suggest you get an aftermarket spring you like and use the stock ride height setting on the Koni. You'll keep the same drop as the spring.

I think what happens (for the most part) is that people don't use all the washers they are supposed to on the Konis up in the spring cap. If you leave out a washer and the dust boot, that's all it takes to throw the car off a 1/4 inch (lower).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks marucci. That's what I was looking for. Anyone else?

·
Registered
800 Posts
According to Koni's website the adjustability on the dampers is 20 mm lower on the front and 15mm lower on the rear.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thekidinthehat:
Thanks marucci. That's what I was looking for. Anyone else?</font>
If you want more adjustability, get the Konis from APS (Neuspeed). You can get the link off of NTPOG's (http://www.ntpog.org) Links page. They are specially made for APS and feature 5 adjustments as opposed to 3, offering (if I remember) .25" increments. Let's say you go with a Tanabe Super H (higher spring rate than Eibachs or most others) that lowers 1". You can then use the Konis to drop another .25" or .5" on top of that. With the regular Koni's you'd be scraping concrete with a 2.5" drop or still have wheel gap with a 1" drop.

Keep in mind you can't raise with the Konis- if you get a spring that lowers 1", you'll never be higher than a 1" drop UNLESS you do some tricks with washers. By placing extra washers at the top of the strut (under the spring perch) you can buy more height. I did this to trim out my car with more squat to help better distribute the weight. Worked great.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Actually, I am at the right height for stock ride height shocks with my neuspeed sport springs and koni yellow set up. The konis do NOT add an additional drop if you have them on the stock perch setting which is in the middle in the rear and top in the front (there are three settings in the back and two up front).

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts