Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone! I'm new to this board, and have a question about wedge bulbs. I'm ordering Koito H1's for my headlights, and was thinking about ordering these Koito wedge bulbs also. Here is the link:

http://www.shopatmackin.com/whitt10bul.html

I was just wondering if these would even be the right bulbs for my parking light, turn signals or sidemarkers. Do all these use the same bulbs? If not, which bulbs do each one use and would these Koitos work for any of them? Sorry if this question has already been asked, I did a search on it and couldn't find anything about the Koito ones. Hope I made a good first impression....Thanks for any help!

------------------
Black 5th Generation SS

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prelude Princess:
Hi there everyone! I'm new to this board, and have a question about wedge bulbs. I'm ordering Koito H1's for my headlights, and was thinking about ordering these Koito wedge bulbs also. Here is the link:

http://www.shopatmackin.com/whitt10bul.html

I was just wondering if these would even be the right bulbs for my parking light, turn signals or sidemarkers. Do all these use the same bulbs? If not, which bulbs do each one use and would these Koitos work for any of them? Sorry if this question has already been asked, I did a search on it and couldn't find anything about the Koito ones. Hope I made a good first impression....Thanks for any help!

</font>

if im not mistaken, thats the correct bulb for the parking lights only. the turn sig and side markers use a different bulb.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
POWER OF THE SS BABY!
SS= Super Snail!!
There i go...
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i've got an extra set at home, and yeah, they work in the parking lights....

i's going to sell them to ywwong, but since you're a girl, i'll sell them to you instead, at a discount

email me.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
They will fit in the headlight parking light and the side marker on the bumper. I just put them on my lude. Good Stuff!</font>

what? side markers? they r the same bulb? i cant remember for the life of me... or jsut having a bad memory even though ive taken out the side markers number of times...

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
i've got an extra set at home, and yeah, they work in the parking lights....

i's going to sell them to ywwong, but since you're a girl, i'll sell them to you instead, at a discount

email me.
</font>
go ahead and buy from him, he's a great guy!!! i've got the Polarg bulbs anyway

[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited May 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys! o0OO0o: How much would you be willing to sell them for? And how do you know that I'm really a girl?? Just kidding, of course I'm a girl. A girl who's in love with her Lude. Hehe. I would email you like you said but I'm not sure how to find your email address. Sorry, I'm new and I know nothing. I might just go ahead and order them from the website anyway. Wouldn't want this ywwong guy to get upset since he had first dibs on them.

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! o0OO0o: How much would you be willing to sell them for? And how do you know that I'm really a girl?? Just kidding, of course I'm a girl. A girl who's in love with her Lude. Hehe. I would email you like you said but I'm not sure how to find your email address. Sorry, I'm new and I know nothing. I might just go ahead and order them from the website anyway. Wouldn't want this ywwong guy to get upset since he had first dibs on them. </font>
haha.. i won't be upset.. they are just bulbs..

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Thanks for the help guys! o0OO0o: How much would you be willing to sell them for? And how do you know that I'm really a girl?? Just kidding, of course I'm a girl. A girl who's in love with her Lude. Hehe. I would email you like you said but I'm not sure how to find your email address. Sorry, I'm new and I know nothing. I might just go ahead and order them from the website anyway. Wouldn't want this ywwong guy to get upset since he had first dibs on them. </font>
Don't buy them from him! I bought something from him a month ago for real cheap and he "expected something" from me!
j/k

If you click on his name at the top of the Prelude main page where it says "moderated by", that will send mail to him. But don't say you weren't warned!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
nah... don't mind that guy, my email address is [email protected]
you name a price

------------------
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the offer but I'm not even sure if those are the ones I want yet. What kinda bulbs go in the turn signal and sidemarkers? I want them all to match so maybe I should get the same brand...By the way, how do you put those smiley faces into your messages?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i think the sidemarkers use the same bulbs...
turn signal turn signal turn signal... don't remember on top of my head

for the "smiles legend", go to http://honda-acura.net/forum/smilies.html

------------------

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I'm not even sure if those are the ones I want yet. What kinda bulbs go in the turn signal and sidemarkers? I want them all to match so maybe I should get the same brand...By the way, how do you put those smiley faces into your messages?</font>
When you're writing the message, there is a little thing that says "Smilies Legend" on the left, and it will show what to type for each different one.
: D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Okay the parking lights in the headlight use the same bulb that the side marker on the bumper uses. The turn signal on the front under the headlight uses a different/bigger bulb(not sure exact size) Hope that helps.

By the way Koito doesn't make the bulb that we need for the front turn signal.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
welcome to the board and we need more prelude girls

Also, those wedge bulbs go in the dome and map lights as well as the truck light if you want to find more uses for them

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, what does the bulb look like? On that web page, it looks blue, but it says it's "white", but I assume it's meant to match the color of their headlight bulbs? I mean, it's not going to look too blue, is it?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vidgamer:
So, what does the bulb look like? On that web page, it looks blue, but it says it's "white", but I assume it's meant to match the color of their headlight bulbs? I mean, it's not going to look too blue, is it?</font>
they light up white

------------------

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by Vidgamer:
So, what does the bulb look like? On that web page, it looks blue, but it says it's "white", but I assume it's meant to match the color of their headlight bulbs? I mean, it's not going to look too blue, is it?</font>
they light up white

mine (different brand) r totally blue when lit up. its not that bright though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone! You guys have to promise not to ignore me like they did on the other message board I registered with a while ago. Every time I posted a message, nobody would answer me! I thought it would be the other way around because I'm a girl. Hmmmmmmmm........oh well. Are there many other girls on here? =)
Yippee! I figured out how to use the smilies.

Anyway, about the turn signals. Do you think if I get the Koito ones for the side markers and parking lights, I could get the Polarg or Raybrig ones for the turn signals and they would match ok?

------------------
Black 5th Generation SS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts