722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs the raptors, 46 shots, 81 points......2 assists :laugh:
sonics-suns had 300 points combined in double OT
NBA>NFL today

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
People say Kobe doesn't pass enough, but when I was watching the game on Friday against the Suns, he barely shot at all until maybe the last quarter. When he wasn't "trying" and scoring the team wasn't even close....I dunno...the team just sucks IMO. The only supporting cast Kobe has is Odom, which isn't alot considering there are 5 people on the court at a time.

·
www.desispeed.com
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just give kobe the mvp now cause we know how bad that team is without him. Hell just start kobe and no on else out there 1 on 5 probably wouldnt make a difference statistically.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Can anyone say, nice but meaningless stat! If you were the only one taking shots all game and you were a good player, then it stands to reason that you would score that many points. If I remember SportsCenter from last night he shot like 46 times and made 26 and shot 20 or so free throws making all but 2.
And whoever mentioned MVP must be smoking crack. He is no where near an MVP! Yeah he scores a lot of points and helps win games, but he doesn't make his team better by being on the floor. He probably makes their game worse by being on the floor. Look at most of the past MVP's and you can see how they help the other players on their team play better and play as a team. That's why they have the scoring title, give it to him now if you like, but doesn't utter his name and MVP in the same sentence because it's an oxymoron.

·
www.desispeed.com
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
uh dude do u even know what MVP means?? Without Kobe that team is horrible..... Smoosh parker, Chris Mihms, Kwame Brown?? Gimme a break , they arent going to get any better. If the lakers somehow make the playoffs and Kobe keeps on averaging ridiculous games(45pt/game in Jan!!!!) then he deserves the MVP cause that team belongs nowhere near the playoffs if he isnt on the court.

I used to think Kobe isnt helping his team by taking soo many shots earlier in the year but honestly those guys around him arent going to get any better, they suck. Most League MVP's actually have a good supporting cast, at least 1 or 2 good players, Lamar Odom is the closest thing the Lakers have and he's been very hot/cold all year.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
desispeed said:
uh dude do u even know what MVP means?? Without Kobe that team is horrible..... Smoosh parker, Chris Mihms, Kwame Brown?? Gimme a break , they arent going to get any better. If the lakers somehow make the playoffs and Kobe keeps on averaging ridiculous games(45pt/game in Jan!!!!) then he deserves the MVP cause that team belongs nowhere near the playoffs if he isnt on the court.
While you are free to disagree, Kobe is nowhere near an MVP. Their is a huge difference between a MVP an the best player on the team or heck, even the best player in the league. Ask anyone who knows basketball and they will tell you that rarely if ever, does the best player in basketball win the MVP award. It's not about having a crappy team and you shining because you are the best player, even thought you were playing the Raptors which are 28th out of 30 teams.

The Lakers probably won't make the playoffs and if they do Kobe won't get them to the finals and win a championship all by himself. An MVP makes those around him better, regardlless of how good they are to begin with. Kobe doesn't do that and never has, it's all about him.

The same could be said about Jordan, while he was and probably will be the best player to ever set foot on a basketball court, he wasn't MVP material even though he was the best player on his team and could win a game here and there by scoring like crazy. It wasn't until he became a true team leader and looked at how the team can best benefit from him scoring or not scoring did he not only win an MVP, but a championship or two.

You love Kobe, Great here's your cookie! But understand what a MVP actually is and what defines them before you make crazy statements that have no basis in reality. Kobe's a great player and perhaps one of the best off the dribble and can score with the best of all time, but league MVP?

·
www.desispeed.com
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate Kobe Bryant actually but that doesnt blind me to see his greatness on the court, hes a ball hog, takes waay too many shots, crappy assist numbers but despite that he scored 81 points from the 2 position with 60% from the field last nite and got them a win when they shoulda lost. Comparing Jordan's teams of the 90's to the 2005 Lakers is ridiculous, its not even close to the supporting cast Jordan had.

You want to know what makes it even more amazing is that both teams were Phil Jackson coached using the triangle offense which is setup where one player should not have to average 40 points a game to give his team a chance to win. The whole offense scheme is setup to share but when your down 18 points last nite and the rest of the team isnt playing like they give a damn how can you fault Kobe for not taking shots to put them back into it??

If the lakers dont make the playoffs then he doesnt win it, but if they do then he's up there with anyone in MVP voting this year.

·
MECP Cert'd Bish
5,820 Posts
Seriously, when Kobe steps back and lets everyone else on the team play, it's pathetic. I feel like I'm watching a sh*tty college team.

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
kobe made 28 of 46 shots. that's 60%, which is an amazing stat for taking that many shots. i don't like his character, but there is no denying that he is the best player in the NBA right now. like others have said, his team plain out sucks. he needs to shoot that much for them to win. lakers were down about 20 pts at one point to the freaking toronto raptors last night. u think if he didn't hoist that many shots that they would have won? give him artest and francis and then he will have a real team.

SAM

1 - 20 of 32 Posts