Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whatsup guys i have a question ive been looking on forums saying your knock sensor is on top of your oil filter,i look theirs nothing but a oil sensor,i try to feel any sensor nothing,the previous owner that had the lude his knock sensor harness wasnt plug into the knock sensor,so im having a really hard time finding the knock sensor...Ya that was the downgrade when i bought the car used the check engine light was on sucks!!
So any pics on a h23a block would be good,or info would be good..
I really need help!

·
Unregistered
4,053 Posts
The oil pressure switch is below the filter. The knock sensor is above... you're probably gonna have to remove the filter to get at it. Black plug above the filter:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whatsup guys i have a question ive been looking on forums saying your knock sensor is on top of your oil filter,i look theirs nothing but a oil sensor,i try to feel any sensor nothing,the previous owner that had the lude his knock sensor harness wasnt plug into the knock sensor,so im having a really hard time finding the knock sensor...Ya that was the downgrade when i bought the car used the check engine light was on sucks!!
So any pics on a h23a block would be good,or info would be good..
I really need help!
WHat year car do you have? is that a swap, or original motor? and is your car stock?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
an original motor you think my best bet is taking of the intake manifold for a better look...cause i couldnt see nothing yo when i was under the car last nite

·
Unregistered
4,053 Posts
Removing the IM with the engine in the car is a pain in the ass. Maybe the plug was broken off at some point, making it even harder to see.

Did you remove the oil filter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i remove the oil filter the only thing i felt was the oil pressure sensor on the engine block above it between the IM...

·
Unregistered
4,053 Posts
ya i remove the oil filter the only thing i felt was the oil pressure sensor on the engine block above it between the IM...
:stick:

Did you see my post and the picture? The knock sensor is ABOVE the filter. What you were feeling was probably the knock sensor. The oil pressure switch is below the filter somewhere and has 1 wire going to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya thats weird man cause the only sensor i felt was the oil sensor and that had a yellow and red wire and was above the oil filter,did u see my first post...the plug to the sensor,was unplugged so thats what made it hard to find it:mad:

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
Are you serious man??? You're gonna remove your IM just to find your knock sensor? Just get your ass under there, take off the oil filter, shine a flashlight and you should see it............. :twitch: I had a problem with my IM once after I removed it and seated it back. It was a little warped :( It can be a PITA job removing the IM, I would not go that route for something like a silly ks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea dude if u cant still find it get those little mirrors they sell, so you can see whats going on. You will be their for days getting that intake manifold off. You'll be crying in the end. The plastic part that clips into the wire harness probably broke off. Take your new knock sensor and find out what socket size it is. Then try to place it onto your old one on the block. You said at night you looked under? Don't be doing it at night either!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts