Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 98 about 6 months ago. I had to open the door with the key because the battery was dead and the keyless entry didn't work. When I closed the door it was still locked. Is there anyway to get it unlocked? I had a friend try a slim-jim but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks

·
BB6'n till R34'n
16,079 Posts
Pry the window from the molding and use a clothes hanger to hit the power lock button.

yeah slim jims don't work. a cop couldn't even get into mine. Good luck
Our cars have a guard over the locking mechanics to keep them from being manipulated from the top, ala slim jim.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
use two butter knives at the curve in the side window. shove 1 knife up under the molding, get it inside and pry the window out. once you've done that, shove the other knife in right next to it. bend the two apart and shove a wire hanger down in between the blades. voila its all downhill from there, the hardest part is maneuvering the hanger to the door lock switch. damge to molding is minimal if you're patient. I've done this so many times it takes me about 5 minutes now. I had the same situation with the police and a tow truck not being able to get in. I showed the tow truck driver and he just tripped out. think he added butter knives to his goody bag. whatever you do don't stick anythng down the slot between the window and the door. doest work, and will screw up that weather stripping

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did it!

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to pry the window open enought to get a coat hanger in. It took a little work but I was able to get the coat hanger to flip the manual door lock open. Going out to get an extra key made now.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Good to know it's that easy for thieves to get into our cars! =/

But I'm glad you were able to get in your's.

·
I am now a 5spd lude!
915 Posts
Yeah whenever that happens to me I call my boy to bring his key. He has a 97 Integra, and for some reason his key can open my 01 lude doors....not start it but open the doors...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 98 about 6 months ago. I had to open the door with the key because the battery was dead and the keyless entry didn't work. When I closed the door it was still locked. Is there anyway to get it unlocked? I had a friend try a slim-jim but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks
i got a 97 lude i had to use 2 flat heads and a coat hanger to flip the lock (its difficult if you cant get the right angle)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts