Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After searching I have found that 99+ Ludes came standard equipped with keyless entry. I didn't receive a remote when I bought my '99 SH so I decided to buy one as I really miss keyless entry.

I have followed the programming instructions step by step to a T multiple times but I can not get the remote to program (car never cycles locks indicating its in program mode).

Did I get bad info about 99+ having keyless entry? I figured being an SH would probably have come with it as well. Remote has a good battery in it and the red light on it comes on when I press the button.

What gives???

TIA!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a side note, the fob that I got was the one with the panic button and option button. I know that these were used for the vehicles with factory installed alarm systems. I do not believe my car has the factory alarm system, will this fob still work, or do I actually have to have the base remote with JUST the lock/unlock buttons?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone?

I'm thinking it's down to having the wrong remote...

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
as far as I know the OEM security system was a dealer/factory option. Definitely for all 4th gens as an option. I think all 5th gens as well.

You need to make sure you have it. Then make sure it's armed. It could be disarmed at the ECU.

The dealer can program the remote if you have the loot. Kinda expensive, but not that bad.

Thread moved to car entertainment and security.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Dan.

I just confirmed that all 99-01 'Ludes came with keyless entry, with the alarm part as an option. The earlier 5g's didn't come with keyless entry as a standard option.

No one I've asked has been able to confirm my suspicion about needing the right clicker, but I think that's my problem. Going to see if the seller I got it from has the base clicker and give that a shot.

Edit: Just got a smokin' deal on a like-new remote w/ nice looking Prelude keychain on fleabay, shweet! Hoping this one works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts