Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if I should post in product reviews or the car audio/electronics section. Figured it was a review so I'd put here.

I got a Kenwood DDX512 for Christmas and finally had time to install in my 5th Gen. It was a very simple install and took me about 45 minutes.

You can call me stupid, but I bypassed the parking break lock so videos will play while the car is in motion. (I don't watch movies while driving, I just wanted a cool screen saver while the music plays. So I created a video file with 20 car pictures. :cool: )

After installing it and messing around with everything, I have to say I was extremely pleased. I've had other head units but never a multifunction one like this. Crystal clear when watching dvds and mpegs, even when viewing jpegs off a flash drive. Touch screen is awesome. IMO the prelude lacks a lot of "technology" inside compared to newer vehicles, this was my fix for that.

Pros:
-Design, very easy to use. Looks very stunning.
-Sound and video quality.
-Fits very nice in my 98 Prelude.
-Get's everything through CD/DVD/USB.
-Button lights can be any color desired by driver.
-Lots of other good stuff I don't feel like listing, lol.

Cons:
-Cost, more expensive than the average single din head units. (Found it on for $400.00 via Amazon.com)
-Possible driving hazard for some drivers.
-Takes about 40 seconds for it to find all the songs on my 16gb flash drive when first plugging it in.
-Double din. No more center storage tray.
-Shows finger prints.
-Bluetooth and GPS sold separately. Costs up to 150-200 dollars a piece.

I set my colors orange to match the buttons in the car. I love this feature.

This is by far the best head unit I've ever purchased. I recommended it for anyone looking to get replacement unit.

·
disco bandit
4,042 Posts
damn, if only it had GPS I'd be all over this
looks super clean, you have any pics of this in the daytime? just to see how it integrates into the look of the 5th gen interior :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's simple. Just take the parking brake wire and attach it to any bolt on the car that you know is a good ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts