Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i left my 93 lude untouch in the hot sun for the past 2 days and jux now i try to start it but...it jux can't start!!
tried to jump start but....

anyone got any clues?

·
Registered
698 Posts
what the hell is jux?
probably wasn't the hot sun, maybe it was so bright you didn't notice that your lights were on, or that a dome light was left on....

jux my 2 cents

·
Registered
81 Posts
It still turns over right?

Maybe you could hit it with a BFH.

Try turning the key to the ON position where all of the lights on the dash light up and leave it there for a few seconds. This will pressurize teh fuel system...like priming a lawnmower.

I don't know how the heat would figure in because it's supposed to be a closed system. Fuel vapors are caught by the EVAP canister instead of being allowed to vent into the atmosphere. The vapors are used up the next time the car starts.

I'm not really sure what the problem could be, but I hope you get it working.

------------------

·
Registered
81 Posts
I forgot to add that you should try it when it's later at night and not so hot...if you haven't.

------------------

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Check your main ignition fuse. It should be a red 50A fuse in the fuse box IN the engine compartment.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you have an auto, check to see if you left in in Drive instead of Park. I did this once when I first started to drive, 5 years ago. Pissed me off...

-Tony

------------------
'98 Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, 18" RH Evos D6000 ,APEX-i VAFC, '99 Grille, JDM Fogs, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

[This message has been edited by TcT118 (edited May 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lude7:
i left my 93 lude untouch in the hot sun for the past 2 days and jux now i try to start it but...it jux can't start!!
tried to jump start but....

anyone got any clues?
</font>

Has it ever had this problem b4? My 92 S would always have a hard time starting while sitting out in the sun, or turning it off, and then trying to start it shortly after.
I had a bad Main Relay. It is a relay that is located on the driver's side kickpanel, on top of the fuse box. It will run you about 65 bucks shipped from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com Very easy to install, take out old, swap in new. Might wanna try that if you run out of other things to try cuz it sure as hell sounds like your problem.

Good Luck Mr. Jux...

------------------
-Chris
--92 S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts