Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a black 97 sh that the timing belt snapped today while I was on the highway doing about 70mph. I could have sworn I heard every valve bend :( The body has seen it's better day. Rust on the rear quarters is getting kind of bad. My question is do I swap it? Or get rid of it? I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing parts right now. I'm located in NJ. Would love to get my hands on a JDM F20B and t2w4 trans :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
No way to tell damage untill you open it up, or put on a new belt and see. However, lots of people got away with it, but you hearing things clash doesn't sound OK to me.. But if ever, now would be a time to swap.
Body issues can mostly be taken care of. We can't tell how much you're willing to do/spent on it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8314 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replacing bent valves is time consuming, but inexpensive really. I bent 2 exhaust valves when mine broke. Head gasket, valves, coolant, lisle 36200 valve keeper removal tool and a decent impact wrench I was well under 300 bucks. Probably 150 if i didnt need tools.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replacing bent valves is time consuming, but inexpensive really. I bent 2 exhaust valves when mine broke. Head gasket, valves, coolant, lisle 36200 valve keeper removal tool and a decent impact wrench I was well under 300 bucks. Probably 150 if i didnt need tools.
The engine did burn 1qt every 200 miles. Would think I'm better off swapping it. Anyone in NJ with a H22, h23a vtec, or f20b full swap that their willing to part with? Money in hand :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts