Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My body shop said I'm looking at close to 8 weeks before I see my car again. Man this sucks! I look forward to three things all year and this shoots me down on one. Anyone want to go that didn't get in already? I already have a spot and I'm paid so if someone missed the deadline you could pay me and take that spot.

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
take another car ??
Damn...go spend some money and rent a really nice car for like 2 days and go in that

just don't crash it

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
take another car ??
Damn...go spend some money and rent a really nice car for like 2 days and go in that

just don't crash it
</font>
You mean my DSM Mirage 4 door rental?
Nah, I'm going to go out there to watch but I don't want to do a track day in a car I'm not used to. There's always others...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yeah...ODL's got a point. Btw, how old are you? I'm pretty sure you could stop by an exotic car rental dealership and rent a nice 911, modena, m roadster, and the list goes on...

Just a suggestion

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
Yeah...ODL's got a point. Btw, how old are you? I'm pretty sure you could stop by an exotic car rental dealership and rent a nice 911, modena, m roadster, and the list goes on...

Just a suggestion

</font>
Well I'm 28 and I could for sure afford a rental of some nice exotic for a day but that's not where my priorities lie. I wanted to do it to explore the limits of my car and try and dial in the suspension a bit more. It's no big deal there will be other events and I'll have a new car when I get teh next chance.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
You've still got 3 weeks to buy a new Prelude and break in the motor. That's plenty of time. Go pick one out tonight!

Andrew

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
You've still got 3 weeks to buy a new Prelude and break in the motor. That's plenty of time. Go pick one out tonight!

Andrew
</font>
I'd love to! I already know what I'm getting...Silver base model, tint and 17" rims ASAP and then I'll swap in my TEIN's less the PB mounts, add my JDM fogs, factory CF kit and Pure SS and then get the OEM kit ordered. I'm leaving off the rear spoiler and doing a custom catback exhaust very similar to a thermal but more to my taste. As you can see I've thought about this alot
I'll be going to teh event to watch, take some pics, and meet up but I won't be running.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
I'd love to! I already know what I'm getting...Silver base model, tint and 17" rims ASAP and then I'll swap in my TEIN's less the PB mounts, add my JDM fogs, factory CF kit and Pure SS and then get the OEM kit ordered. I'm leaving off the rear spoiler and doing a custom catback exhaust very similar to a thermal but more to my taste. As you can see I've thought about this alot
I'll be going to teh event to watch, take some pics, and meet up but I won't be running.

</font>
Sell your Thermal to anubyss, he wants a Thermal and he's in NJ.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

G

·
My body shop said I'm looking at close to 8 weeks before I see my car again. Man this sucks! I look forward to three things all year and this shoots me down on one. Anyone want to go that didn't get in already? I already have a spot and I'm paid so if someone missed the deadline you could pay me and take that spot.

</font>
Drop me an email, I might take your spot.

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Damn, already ordered the exhaust from the groupbuy. Tell me you weren't planning on selling the exhuast.........

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by anubyss:
Damn, already ordered the exhaust from the groupbuy. Tell me you weren't planning on selling the exhuast.........</font>
No I can't actually get rid of the exhaust unless someone else with a SH in this area wanted to swap with me. I tossed the old exhaust a few weeks ago and actually plan to leave that and the header on the car when I sell it. I'm going to keep my intake, Pure SS, JDM fogs and switch holder, CF trim kit, trunk mat, TEIN's, and DC oil cap...JDM emblem as well
The header & exhaust are going with the car as is the OEM kit.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hmmmm....who's going to the poconos thing again?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Hmmmm....who's going to the poconos thing again?

</font>
I'm pretty sure this is it as of now.

myself (g5luder)
jim coplan
ray sunwoo
jeff mc neil
mark blum
andrew klucsarits
owen devivo
see leong
david chu
brandon lamson

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
I am going to the Poconos, you can meet up with me and ImagePree when we leave if you take his spot.

Mark will your header fit my car? If so I'll DEFINITELY buy it off you.

------------------

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I am going to the Poconos, you can meet up with me and ImagePree when we leave if you take his spot.

Mark will your header fit my car? If so I'll DEFINITELY buy it off you.

</font>
Nope...damn SH screws up again!

BTW I get my pics back Thrusday night...the same roll of film had some shots taken the weekend before. So it's like before and after shots of it. My poor car

Can anyone think of a reason to get another white one instead of going with silver like I plan? Just something else for me to think about for the EIGHT weeks!

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Nope...damn SH screws up again!</font>
DAMN!

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
mark:

i have an SH exhaust just sitting around; you can put that on the car and sell the Thermal now. drop me a line....

See

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I love the white pearl color but silver one is rare and looks good too. Its all up to you.

Hopefully you can get your color of choice soon enough and get on the modding bug

Oh yea wanna bring a spare helmet or 2 to the pocono's for some needy friends

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
I love the white pearl color but silver one is rare and looks good too. Its all up to you.

Hopefully you can get your color of choice soon enough and get on the modding bug

Oh yea wanna bring a spare helmet or 2 to the pocono's for some needy friends

</font>
I already have one lined up for See I'll have to see about getting another one. My friends brother told me he had a few lying around. I'll have to see if there Snell 95 though. Maybe I can get over there one night this week.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I already have one lined up for See I'll have to see about getting another one. My friends brother told me he had a few lying around. I'll have to see if there Snell 95 though. Maybe I can get over there one night this week.

</font>
cool man thanks a lot

my friend had a bike helmet but it wasnt snell95 just regular snell so I cant borrow that one

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

1 - 20 of 22 Posts