Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on the tein basics and they are nice as hell. My car handles 100 times better than it did with my old spring. They were pretty easy to install and i just love the way they ride. If anyone is thinking about getting these i would say go for it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
They run 750. The only difference between them and the SS are the lack of adjustability as the SS have. I was going to get a set, but I went the cheap route for now

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I forgot. There is a company called Apollo that is coming out with a coilover set. The main guts are Tokico, and they sell for 650. I can't wait for some test results on those

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I dont see the point in going Basic when the SS are like $125 more?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
How many people are going to actually screw around with the settings? Personally, I wouldn't. Basics are for people like me, and that 125 can be used towards something else for the car like brakes.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, I just do not believe that one setting is good for every persons driving style/road conditions.

Although, we as enthusiasts are very good at going overkill on things.

If I were to get Teins, I would definately go SS. I would do that because I would actually put to use the settings on a road course or something.

Truthfully, the Tein Basic is cheaper than a good Tokico Illumina/GC setup. That is a plus.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I'm trying to find something that's a happy medium for the crappy roads in LA. I like the SS's, as I've heard the HA's are WAY too harsh. Do you need pillowballs w/ the SS's?

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts