Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got out silver Prelude Type SH here in out driveway. I will be posting pics of it soon and of all the work it will be going though. We will be turning it in to a race car. Yeah I know how sad.
Tracy

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'd like to know how many base owners have actually put an LSD on their car.....

every time SH vs base comes up, someone says "with the money you save from the base, you can get an LSD, upgrade the suspension, and outhandle the SH"

well?? has anyone actually done it??

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Civic_Sista:
We will be turning it in to a race car. Yeah I know how sad.
Tracy
</font>
Why sad? And I'm sure an SH would make a fine race car, just don't turbo it.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98 San Marino SH:
I'd like to know how many base owners have actually put an LSD on their car.....

every time SH vs base comes up, someone says "with the money you save from the base, you can get an LSD, upgrade the suspension, and outhandle the SH"

</font>
I have a Quaife, and yes, I installed it myself.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

G

·
i think i remember reading an article you wrote....something about fitment not being perfect??</font>
Nope, not me. The Quaife fit like stock. Just took some time to set the preload correctly.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
129 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Nope, not me. The Quaife fit like stock. Just took some time to set the preload correctly.

</font>
II'm very interested in the Quaife LSD. The bbig problem is I don't have the technical aability to install it myself and would ttherefore have to trust a shop (UGH!) to do iit right. What all does it entail?

------------------
OOkie
2000pearlWHITEbase

Cripes! Another white 5th gen.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

</font>
well the reason i ask, they just picked it up and have the full intention of making it a race car. If i wasn't going for a race car the SH would be more than fine for me

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
awesome, congrats on the car. Are you going FI or all motor? why the SH? why not a base with an upgrade to LSD?
-Guy
</font>
that was my intent

but quaife is a little later on my mod plan.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OOkie:
II'm very interested in the Quaife LSD. The bbig problem is I don't have the technical aability to install it myself and would ttherefore have to trust a shop (UGH!) to do iit right. What all does it entail?
</font>
It's quite involved. Remove the tranny, remove the diff (this requires you to disassemble the transmission), remove the final drive gear and speedo gear, install the drive gear and speedo gear on the LSD, install the LSD, adjust preload, reassemble the transmission, then reinstall the transmission back into the car. Not something for the timid.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No the car isn't for me its my dads race car. He is making it into a SSB car. I need to sell the airbags, floormats (still in plastic) and some other stuff. Let me know if you need anything.
Tracy

------------------
Chicks that can drive stick GOOD Rule!!! And you know it!! :D

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Civic_Sista:
No the car isn't for me its my dads race car. He is making it into a SSB car. I need to sell the airbags, floormats (still in plastic) and some other stuff. Let me know if you need anything.
Tracy
</font>
Wow, I didn't know that they were going to allow the Prelude (much less the SH) compete in SSB. Now I see why you bought an SH. Anyway, I thought that the Civic Si was the hot ticket for SSB, but now that the Prelude is there, things could get interesting. The Prelude could get quite a bit of exposure in that class. Do you know what restrictions and/or what allowances they are giving the Preludes, and are they treating the base model and SH the same in SSB?

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The prelude Sh I know my dad has to do something but i don't know what. It willl be allowed in SSB as of 01/01/02 So next year.
Tracy

------------------
Chicks that can drive stick GOOD Rule!!! And you know it!! :D

G

·
It's a racing class in the SCCA. Showroom Stock class B.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
945 Posts
The base Prelude has been is SSB for years. The Type SH is classified in T2 but it is terribly outclassed there. On February 20th SCCA decided to move the Type SH down to SSB starting next year. The Miata is the perennial powerhouse in SSB right now but I think the Type SH has a good chance there. The Civic SI is in SSC.
What region of SCCA does your dad race?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts