Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Crower Stage 3 Cams....

Now it's time.....to run those 13s...I got my ti/retainers and d/valve Springs, and my Type-S pistons.....now it's just cams that i'm waiting for then.

IT's ON!

vnt

------------------

1997 Prelude (Non-Sh) Eucalyptus Green "TEAM ALL SPORT RACING"
AEM Intake, 5Zigen Fireball Exhaust w/Gutted Cat, 18 Degree Advanced Timing, DC C/C Header, DC Short-Shifter, Gutted Interior, Sprint Race Springs, Front & Rear Strut Bars. Clear Lenses All Around w/Hiper White Bulbs & Alteeza Tailights.
[email protected]
"BIG BLUE FLAME"

·
Registered
713 Posts
Very Cool! You should dyno before & after so everyone has some baseline to measure gains from...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dynoed @ 183 at the wheels!

vnt

------------------

1997 Prelude (Non-Sh) Eucalyptus Green "TEAM ALL SPORT RACING"
AEM Intake, 5Zigen Fireball Exhaust w/Gutted Cat, 18 Degree Advanced Timing, DC C/C Header, DC Short-Shifter, Gutted Interior, Sprint Race Springs, Front & Rear Strut Bars. Clear Lenses All Around w/Hiper White Bulbs & Alteeza Tailights.
[email protected]
"BIG BLUE FLAME"

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vntperformance:
I dynoed @ 183 at the wheels!

vnt

</font>
What mods got you there? Where did you hit peak hp, and what was your peak torque?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
what octane do you have to use for the cams, whether it be stage 2 or 3?</font>
Octane rating shouldn't change since cams don't increase compression.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
vntperformance: That's a really good dyno number for only the bolt-ons, I suspect that the gutted cat helps alot in terms of high end power. I noticed that also when I replaced mine with a test pipe.

Are the stage 3 cams still streetable or do they have sloppy idle?
I thinking to upgrade my Type S cams to one of the crowers, most likely the stage 1 or 2 since it's more suitable on the SS.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
your dyno and numbers are good, your 1/4 mile times are so and so. you hit a 14.72 at 95.7mph! that kinda trap speed is closer to a 14.4,14.5 my friends hit 14.60/14.62 at 94mph (2 different ludes/2 different times). Once you get your cams you're gonna need to drop your old time if you want to hit 13s, but you can do it! post the dynos later on, thanks!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
oh ****!! i can't believe they're finally out!
I'm actually thinking of buying a Honda 400EX quad instead of wasting more money on my lude. I don't know, i have to see what the differences are going to be like between stock and the crowers/JUN. If it's a huge difference i may go for engine work, but since i've been out in colorado, riding dirt bikes, quads, snowmobiles is so much god damn fun. Obviously i like quad riding the most. What the F should i do??

Will you guys HURRY up already with the dyno numbers, especially Dr. James!!

-gills

------------------
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1995 Prelude VTEC w/ mods of course.
Why waste $ on a stereo? I juz' wan' speeeeeed n' looks:)

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gills:

Will you guys HURRY up already with the dyno numbers, especially Dr. James!!

-gills

</font>
You haven't been around in a while...
Dr. J sold the Prelude already and is buying a WRX...

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Yeah, I got tired of waiting for the Crower and JUN stuff to be released. So, I sold the car, and bought a WRX, it should be here on or about April 16th. I can't wait.

------------------

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
raptor is way too much money and the honda gets more praise in terms of out of the box performance in all the rating that i've seen. And don't forget about Honda reliability.........

·
Registered
282 Posts
crower said the idle would be loppy on the stage 3...the stage 2 have a near stock idle...stage 1 are the Type S cams

------------------
1994 Black Prelude 2.3L DOHC 5-speed

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Thanks for the info. But I thought none of the Crowers are Type S cams since their durarion and lift are all different with Type S cams.

Brian Crower replied my e-mail saying that stock springs and retainers are OK for stage 1 and 2 cams as long as the rev limit is stock. But for stage 3 cams, valvetrain upgrades is a must.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlackMagic:
crower said the idle would be loppy on the stage 3...the stage 2 have a near stock idle...stage 1 are the Type S cams

</font>

·
Registered
282 Posts
my bad...i'm still pretty sure stage one is close to the type s lift/duration, but not sure

but i stated wrong...stage 1 has stock idle...stage 2 may have a slightly loppy idle...i didn't ask about stage 3...it says its an all out drag profile...so i'm guessing its gonna idle like CRAP

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Black, no, i still got my car and plan on havning it for a while, but once i get enough money for a '89 5.0 you can have all the parts you want...........

by the way, YEA FVCKING RIGHT!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts