Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12.3:1 compression is confirmed. Yes on pump gas(92 octane to be exact).
[email protected] wheels
190 lb-ft @6800RPM
8200 Redline
All this on a 94 or 95 JDM H22 that made about [email protected](I think he meant 170, but whatever) before JUN package.
Guess when it's supposed to be out???
JUNe! duh!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aaron97SH:
Guess when it's supposed to be out???
JUNe! duh!
</font>
who do you think should be our first guinea pig? JOON! duh!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
How much$$$$$?

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
Stock for now
Parts to be installed-
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX, Neuspeed Front STB, Apex V-AFC

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
W/tat high of a compression will that be okay guys? also if i'm running jackson charger on this will it be okay too. Wat about detonation problem, will it be street legal, i got to do smog test u know dallas **** man.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dragazn:
W/tat high of a compression will that be okay guys? also if i'm running jackson charger on this will it be okay too. Wat about detonation problem, will it be street legal, i got to do smog test u know dallas **** man. </font>
No. 12.3:1 is for N/A only. Probably cams too.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Forget nitwit Oscar Jackson, I want this. Or some of it. I wonder if it's only sold as a package? Or if you can just get the valvetrain?

Dragazn- with 12:3 comp. ratio, the JRSC would burn holes straight through the pistons, but with lower comp. ratio, that could be a seriously mean engine (stres could, could be problems too).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the guy told me that they can work package deals however you want. I can hardly believe that the JUN package can make more power than 6 psi of supercharged boost.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm a little confused by some of the discussions that have gone on over this product. First, everyone gets all excited about a quote of a high hp number (from a FULLY built car)... which never turns out to be true... Then, most of the people want to purchase part of the package, not the whole thing. I hear all these people grumbling about the expense of something like a supercharger... I have serious doubts that more than 5 non-racing people in the entire country would seriously consider a JUN product given their extreme prices and labor on top of that.

If their product turns out to be this good then they certainly won't need all of this cheerleading. The speculation in the mean time is just that.... speculation.

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
Baked -- I'll buy it and come down to NC. We can have a slumber/install party w/ Deceptakon and at N3's(civcized) house

-Erik

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Baked- Considering the higher hp levels, the better reliability of no FI, and JUN's reputation, this new package really is a big deal. Even if you just get the cams/ret/sprgs, they say about +30hp if you already have i/h/e.
If you doubt the quality of JUN, go to some civic/integra BBS's and ask them about their stuff for B-series engines.

·
0 Posts
Geez people, right now this stuff is vaporware. Don't believe anything until someone installs it on their 5Gen, and dynos it.

If you are going to buy it, it's best to buy it as a full package. No single part will work to its fullest potential unless it is used in conjunction with the parts they were designed to be used with.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no doubt 71dsp, you won't see the full potential w/o all of the parts, but atleast this way you can get parts one at a time, and I know it is best not to do that as far as installation costs go, but you can't go out and buy 2 psi of the JRSC at a time. Sure I'll wait to see an independant dyno before I buy, whatever I do end up buying, but even if the peak is only [email protected] I will be impressed.

·
0 Posts
I stand my ground that a custom kit, designed with specific goals in mind is always the best route. It might cost more, but it will help you get the absolute best power out of your engine.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Some people might not want to bother going the whole way, or might not have the money. If the valvetrain is comparible in price to Type S stuff, and possibly a bit better performing, that's about all I forsee myself wanting in the near future. I don't think I'd need 265 whp (whether or not it gets that).

·
Registered
713 Posts
Exactly - Vaporware! Still interesting though. FYI - I wouldn't take what JUN tells you on the phone literally. I've called there a few tims just plain out of curiosity. Every time I get a different answer regarding specs, what's included, dyno numbers and when it will ship.

I'm sure it will be a quality kit WHEN it comes out. All motor idea is pretty sweet, but 92 octane still worries me - they claim the ECU will take care of detonation... For anyone who does buy it, you ought to seriously consider a J&S Ultra as a safety measure along with a few other things...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IXLR8:

For anyone who does buy it, you ought to seriously consider a J&S Ultra as a safety measure along with a few other things...
</font>
I asked about the J&S also, and he told me it was unnecesary, but if I win the lottery between now and then I'd get one too just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
This all seems a little skeptical too me as well. That is a high CR. How many people are going to put over a hundred miles a day on these fully built monsters, if the numbers are anywhere an indication of how crazy this thing will be? Someone get it and dyno it, then I will become a believer.

Aren't all of the parts put together to work as a team? I'm sure if you started mixing and matching parts the numbers will fall way down.

Why do I care anyways? I have an H23A?

jp

1 - 20 of 89 Posts