Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
w00 they look beefy....i hope they don't cause too much of a vibration at idle. I'm going to install these on saturday and let you guys know.

for those who care, i'm one of those anal guys that hates any noises in my car. I swear to god the passenger seat squeeky sound drove me nuts....so nuts i took it to the dealer to fix the next day.

why am i doing this then?

my downpipe hits the crossmember beam thingie (in front of the oil pan) and it makes a horrible noise when the engine torques. sucks.

Tim

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i've heard they are the same 4th gen / 5th gen...i got the 4th gen ones because thats all es lists....i guess they aren't with the times.

I'm going to install the rear ones too. thats where all the "fun" is i hear..heh heh heh

[This message has been edited by Pure Lude (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
I'm going to install the rear ones too. thats where all the "fun" is i hear..heh heh heh

[This message has been edited by Pure Lude (edited April 09, 2001).]
</font>
fun...haha...is that a new word for "beotch?"

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dka:
in what situation would cause someone to "crack" a motor mount? Just curious..</font>
i don't know how common it is, but i would thinkt hat if you shifted the car quite ruffly, induced wheel hop alot, etc...that would break a mount. they say you can use these as "band-aids" for your existing torn mounts.

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
i don't know how common it is, but i would thinkt hat if you shifted the car quite ruffly, induced wheel hop alot, etc...that would break a mount. they say you can use these as "band-aids" for your existing torn mounts.
</font>
If you read Energy's instructions, they clearly state that if the mount is broken, it MUST be replaced before using the inserts.

If Summit doesn't have them, you can try www.suspension.com, or any Energy Suspension retailer.

The 4Gen kit fits the 5Gen.

The rear is a *****, I did it when I did my clutch/flywheel/LSD install.

It does vibrate a lot more at idle. If you can't handle a seat squeaking, I don't know how you are going to handle getting a massage at every stop light. Other than that, I love them!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Don't you have to do the mounts in a particular order? Thats how it was for a couple civic Si's for the mounts me and some friends installed last week. And that was according to the Helms manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts