Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, I just sold my Integ and got a 2001 ebp prelude 5 speed. Can you guys help me out with a couple of questions...I've read the manual but just wanted to make sure...

1) When are the schelduled maintances for this car? With the integra, it was 15,000 miles, 60,000 miles, and 90,000 miles. Is it the same for the Prelude? Isn't it 105,000 miles or something?

2) Are oil changes for this car every 3,000 miles/3 months?

3)What rpm does vtec kick in?

4)Any tips you guys can give me about this car? Anthing I should know?

I think I should change my name hehe. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,003 Posts
  1. 30k, 60k, etc...
  2. yes
  3. 5200rpm
  4. you'll figure it out soon enough, and you'll like it!
    [/list=a]

    ------------------
    AIM: ImagePree

    **scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
    OG H-A Member
    Who else wants these Jammies???

    [This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 24, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
Mr Joon525's newbie handbook:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Welcome young man, let me start of with a few tips to using this site
  • http://honda-acura.net/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=A%3A000004&SUBMI T=Go go read EVERY WORD in EVERY thread on there FIRST. Do it right now and you'll find a lot of answers to the questions you have now and the answers to questions you'll have later.
  • http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Style=&Sku=61S3001&item type=N&mscsid=2AS3R9XC6FSR2MCU00A3HVE05BKNC567 go there and BUY THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW. I SAID RIGHT NOW. That is the BIBLE in regards to your car. It shows you how the car is built, how to do routine maintenance and provides so much knowledge that it'll be the BEST 60 bucks you ever spent on the car. I am NOT joking here. You ABSOF*CKINGLUTELY need this shop manual.
  • If you flame on this board I will either lock your post, edit your post and make you look stupid or delete it altogether. So be kind. You'll see that I am kinda harsh on people but I mean it in a good way. The other moderators are pretty strict as well. The Prelude forum of Honda-Acura.net is probably the most strict out of all of the forums so the sh*t that flies in the other forums probably won't fly here.

Enjoy your stay man.
One more word of advice though.....do NOT NOT NOT NOT even THINK about a turbo or supercharger this early. Way too early for you. Good things come to those who wait. Oh and nice girl you got there.


Welcome.

</font>
------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberCivicSi:
hey i have question aboot grizzlies. there seems to be a couple mating behind the pine tree and they keep me up all night. what should i do. :D</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Mr Joon525's newbie handbook: </font>
I'm not a newbie...I've been on this board since the days of the whole hondatech/hondaacura split fiasco. I posted in the Integra boards. Thanks for the "handbook" though and the replies...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ReD___RaCeR:
I'm not a newbie...I've been on this board since the days of the whole hondatech/hondaacura split fiasco. I posted in the Integra boards. Thanks for the "handbook" though and the replies...</font>
i just wanted to point out the FAQ part and the Helm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
i just wanted to point out the FAQ part and the Helm.
</font>
Hehe thanks for the info




[This message has been edited by ReD___RaCeR (edited April 24, 2001).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,730 Posts
o0OO0o makes a great drug..
A) He's addictive-his sig even said so.
B) He's quick - he'll lock your post a nanosecond after you've type it.
C) He's strong -Locking posts no other mod would dare to lock.
And I love that finger move-how does it go?


oh yeah, thats it.

------------------


Not your Grandmother's Prelude
http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=10306

AIM: coil222222
Yahoo: coil222
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ReD___RaCeR:
Sup guys, I just sold my Integ and got a 2001 ebp prelude 5 speed. Can you guys help me out with a couple of questions...I've read the manual but just wanted to make sure...

1) When are the schelduled maintances for this car? With the integra, it was 15,000 miles, 60,000 miles, and 90,000 miles. Is it the same for the Prelude? Isn't it 105,000 miles or something?

2) Are oil changes for this car every 3,000 miles/3 months?

3)What rpm does vtec kick in?

4)Any tips you guys can give me about this car? Anthing I should know?

I think I should change my name hehe. Thanks.
</font>
1. read the owners manual.

2. read the owners manual.

3. approx 5200 to 5500 rpms depending on conditions.

4. There's too much to list, just hang out and read everything you come across. Here's a few things for you:

Don't abuse the transmission
Don't run low on oil

Do buy a Helm's manual

That's about all I can think of for now, but I am sure there's more.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
945 Posts
A few other things:

-break it in according to the owner's manual.
-check the oil very frequently! It's not that uncommon to consume 1 quart every 1000 miles at first.
-tranny grinds when it's cold. Once it's warmed up, it shifts nice and smooth though.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top