Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I installed my Neuspped race Lowering springs on my 97 Base Lude. Now here's the question. People told me that I neeed to get an alignment after I do this mod, but I just got the 60,000 mile service and got one. Do I still need to get one?

Also Is a camber kit needed in the near time? The tires are pointed in a lil bit but not much.

Please send me your advice/help.

------------------
ONE LOVE
OOH

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
yeah get an alignment! if your car isn't slammed you'll be ok without a camber kit.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Anytime you lower the car you SHOULD get an alignment (Even though my lazy ass hasn't gotten one).

Neuspeed race springs go pretty low....I'm willing to bet you need BOTH and alignment check AND a camber kit all around.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bro

I'm suprised Joon has not said anything he's really helpful with my questions.

------------------
ONE LOVE
OOH

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OOHLAH:
Thanks Bro

I'm suprised Joon has not said anything he's really helpful with my questions.

</font>
I'm one step ahead of you and one step behind o0oo0o

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Anytime you lower the car you SHOULD get an alignment (Even though my lazy ass hasn't gotten one).

Neuspeed race springs go pretty low....I'm willing to bet you need BOTH and alignment check AND a camber kit all around.

</font>
and also, you're going to need new dampers pretty soon with that drop

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

</font>
Joon I think you are right. It is lower than what I thought it would be. Alignment is probally a must. Camber Kit maybe. But why is it that you need an alignment. The car does not want to go left or right. It drives smooth and straight ahead.

------------------
ONE LOVE
OOH

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Joon I think you are right. It is lower than what I thought it would be. Alignment is probally a must. Camber Kit maybe. But why is it that you need an alignment. The car does not want to go left or right. It drives smooth and straight ahead. </font>
that's because your tires will wear out FAST if you don't! what's the drop?

------------------
I'm one step ahead of you and one step behind o0oo0o</font>

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
OOHLAH - your stock struts will blow out eventually. My fronts are blown right now but I am waiting for some KYB's. I highly suggest an alignment from a shop on London Bridge Road. It's called Ocean alignment I believe. The guys name is Ken and his number is 368-9091.

I am suggesting him because Merchants tire completely destroyed my alignment. My car is so messed up because of them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by OOHLAH:
Joon I think you are right. It is lower than what I thought it would be. Alignment is probally a must. Camber Kit maybe. But why is it that you need an alignment. The car does not want to go left or right. It drives smooth and straight ahead. </font>
that's because your tires will wear out FAST if you don't! what's the drop?

The drop is 2.0 is the front 1.8 in the back.
My Aunt works at a Honda dealership would ya'll recommend The guys at Honda do it or a performance shop?

------------------
ONE LOVE
OOH

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
My Aunt works at a Honda dealership would ya'll recommend The guys at Honda do it or a performance shop?
</font>
i think neither would have the equipment to do it. bring it to a)a tire shop b)an alignment shop.

whoa looks like you might really need a camber kit... and good luck with your shocks man

------------------

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SADWAP97:
do you think an alignment would be needed if you got new tires?

how much do alignments run anyways? around 60 bucks?
</font>
i don't think so, as long as their overall rolling diameter is roughly the same.

alignments usually run at $50-$70 at tire shops, $100+ at alignment shops. Some tire shops offer "lifetime alignment" at around $150+.

you can usually find coupons for alignments in your junk mail.

------------------
[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by OOHLAH:
</font>
i think neither would have the equipment to do it. bring it to a)a tire shop b)an alignment shop.

whoa looks like you might really need a camber kit... and good luck with your shocks man

o0OO0o, Joon, and Va Beach you guys have been great helping me. But one more question. Where is a good site/number to buy a good camber kit/shocks for a good price that will help my situation.

P.S. I guess a body would be out of the question heh. :d

------------------
ONE LOVE
OOH

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Where is a good site/number to buy a good camber kit/shocks for a good price that will help my situation.</font>
that i don't know
i don't have/need one...

------------------

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the same drop, and I destroyed my tires real quickly (especially since you think you drive the new slot-car edition prelude and try to take every turn as fast as possible)

I got a camber kit and my tire wear is even. Careful w/ the alignment though, a lot of places won't let you on their lift or can't GET you on w/ the car only being like 2 3/4" off the ground. My sideskirts were scraped at no extra cost by Sears when they did my alignment.

------------------

1 - 20 of 24 Posts