Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder

To any of you who have performed the "cure" for a rear clunking noise as shown in this thread. Be sure to check on the bolts again at a later point. My noise came back and sure enough the bolts were all loose. Go back and check those.
Also.......I found you don't have to remove the seat back to get to all the bolts. All you have to do is remove the lower portion and the other top bolts are all accessible after pulling back some of the trunk liner (this is ONLY for tightening NOT the removal of the beam).

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
12,349 Posts
this is only for the OEM shocks right?? cuz with my TEINS on there i think i still get it but i think its cuz of some stuff in the trunk....or maybe ill just give the bolts a re-tighten..

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
2,451 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
this is only for the OEM shocks right?? cuz with my TEINS on there i think i still get it but i think its cuz of some stuff in the trunk....or maybe ill just give the bolts a re-tighten..
Naw.... Joon is talking about the brace behind the rear seats.

That is also known to cause the problem known as shock knock.

If replacing the collars doesn't work... than you probably have a brace related issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.