Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some tires for my new rims today and on the way home, I lost ALL traction (it was raining) turing right into my street. Went all the way to the other curb before they finally bit (about 3 feet from the curb). The civic coming down the other way was quite amused (he was waaay back) and could see what was happening. If my car had a tail, it would be between its legs. Can't wait for them now (thinking twice about going out between now and Monday!)

Okay now you can all say slow down...

·
Registered
284 Posts
well at least u didn't take out a snow bank 2 weeks after buying your car....it's not a good feeling let me tell u.

------------------
"]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1629626&a=12456714&p=46419075[/IMG][/url]

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
new tires tend to be quite slippery...

ahh, and yes! SLOW DOWN!!!
</font>
Actually these were my old ones... stock re92's

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
Actually these were my old ones... stock re92's</font>
ok... then this...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TooterFish:
The stock tires suck in the rain.</font>
[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 12, 2001).]

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I don't even know how many km's were on these as these were the wheels sold with the car. The car at 55000 Km on it when I bought it but I know the last guy had aftermarket rims (and most likely tires). Trust me - anything is better than what I have - I think it will be interesting to try the same car with brand new tires - chances are, you're right - they're probably not bad for stocks but everyone replaces them when they get worn out - of course the new ones are going to be better! Plus you have to justify laying out 1000 bucks for rubber. That's why when you ask people about what tires to get, best to ask how many types they've been through with the same car and same setup - only then will they actually tell you what's what without just saying - yes my new tires are better - well duh!

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
you weren't driving home in your brand new Drag slicks were you?

nah seriously had you *just* gotten them intalled? how many miles? maybe they were just real new like they said above. but for reference could you tell us all what brand tires you bought? cause i'll be in the market for some tires sometime soon.

*note to self: don't get wheels/tires installed if its raining out*

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I did this with my old Accord. It was foggy and I was only going like 30 mph, but the fog caused a light film to form on the road. I wouldnt even call it wetness, it was like invisible water or something. My front wheel broke loose and I slammed my 17's and my nice tires in to the curb. Not only that but I also bent the frame of my car and totally screwed up the alignment. I got the car back a few weeks later after the repairs and lets just say, 2 weeks later I bought a Prelude.

A car will never drive the same if you slam in to a curb. I took my Accord to the best alignment shop in the state (which is like an hour and a half away) and the mechanics still said it will never be the same. All of that and I was only going 30mph making a left turn. I guess it turned out good in the end though

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Well...i got T-boned in my lude about a year ago at around ~30mph. Didn't notice a THING different in the alignment. Then again, the body shop did practically take the entire car apart to do so.

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
you weren't driving home in your brand new Drag slicks were you?

nah seriously had you *just* gotten them intalled? how many miles? maybe they were just real new like they said above. but for reference could you tell us all what brand tires you bought? cause i'll be in the market for some tires sometime soon.

*note to self: don't get wheels/tires installed if its raining out*

</font>
Well it's kind of why I waited until this weekend to get them - hoping that at least 1 of the 5 days I took off (I took two extra days) would be dry. But, no I guess I wasn't clear - I ordered them yesterday, they won't arrive until Monday when I get them installed on different rims. BTW, they're P7000 SS - was offered a good deal on them (significantly lower than A520's and 70% more treadlife)

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
Well...i got T-boned in my lude about a year ago at around ~30mph. Didn't notice a THING different in the alignment. Then again, the body shop did practically take the entire car apart to do so.

</font>
I was at the mall and some one hit me and ran. It damaged the front left fender and messsed up my alignment. I dont know how bad it messed up my ATTS system. When you got hit, after the repairs did your ATTS and stuff work correctly after that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts