Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
it has been done but require modification...
this is Qveon's JDM Sir with the supercharger...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I must admit Matt...your 4th gen make me regret trading in my 95 se....but then again it would have taken way too much work to make it good again...
1) fix rust
2) swap to a h22
3) swap to a manual tranny
4) get new enterior (I hated the black/tan combo, especially the leather)
5) would have had to find a correct matching SE rim (I had 3 passenger side rims and 1 driver's side)
6) buy a set of stock taillights(yeah back in the day I had altezzas)
7) get a new exhaust(it was being held up by picture frame wire)
It was a money pit :rant:

I am happy with what I have now though....

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
You good with what you have. i like your 5th gen. I guess i might had traded too or else the 95se would have been a full custom. I mean like take the interior pieces and use them as models for fiberglassing and such. hella work, but a piece of art when finished, yes

·
Body Shop Guru
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. That helps alot for future planning! Could the JRSC be put on a hybrid H23 VTEC without too much trouble, or would that not be an advised idea?

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
IIRC, the H23 VTEC Hybrid is pretty difficult to pull off correctly. Haven't read too much about it in awhile. But trying to do that with FI on top I think is just asking for trouble.

·
449 Posts
hey Qveon: how difficult is the JSRC install on the 4th gen? i'm almost certain that there is no write up on what exact problems arise.

you are teh 2nd 4th gen that i know of that has a JSRC... this is something i have been considering for the longest time but am not sure if i will be able to handle all the customization that goes into putting the SC on the 4th gen.

i'm sure any and all advice will be appreciated by all.

thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
If memory serves me correct I think all you have to do is bend/cut part of the engine bay(around the driver's side strut tower) correct me if I am wrong Q
here is a good write-up if that is the case
1)test fit s/c
2)bend metal
3)lather, rinse and repeat

I am not sure about the electical and if there was any customizing needed for that...

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
Well take in to fact my car is different from the rest of yours (not bragging, but warning) But some of the fitment problems are like typesh said. Here some notes ill take a pic of what i mean if you want one just ask.

- The driver's side shock tower has to be dented in slightly
- MUST HAVE motor mount inserts at least
- Instead of moving the fuel hook up i just bent it down

Thats about all i have though of right now. I didn't use 1/4 of the parts that came with the kit like the P/S relocator. Dont bother it doesnt fit. So no rerouting through the valve cover. Etc I'll try and remember it all. My kit didn;t come with the IACV block so i had to make my own

·
Registered
283 Posts
sounds Like a good IPC meet....
Dyno day...
wait didn't we think of that last year and it didn't happen?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts