Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this was discussed extensively with blck97lude's topic early this year. Has anyone figured out a good way to go this set up with JRSC?

My g/f got burned by a modifed WRX today on the road with my JRSC... AND now I'm dying to get more boost.

My friend in the other hand suggested to add nitrous 30+ shots in addition to my JRSC. I respect his suggestion with his past experience with building a 12s turbo mitsu, BUT he never had a honda to work with...

Has anyone running this setup at this point? 9lb sounds great, but I'm looking at all the options that are available.

thanks

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
To my knowledge, no this is still not possible.

They're actually working on some form of an intercooler, but they need donations so the guy can have a part he needs to try and complete the prototype.

Here is the link: http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117949

And BTW... I hear the 9lb pully makes a big difference. Though it is hard when you have a heavily modded FWD 'Lude vs. a Modded AWD WRX. The only real way to make more power would be to switch to a turbo setup.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's not that it isn't possible, it's just that nobody has done it yet. Basically, it was decided that it would be better just to upgrade to the 9psi pulley with a standalone and upgraded injectors.

But on a side note, now that Hondata has a Nitrous controller built in, it might be more feasible to add a small shot and use the Hondata to control it.

If the intercooler does come out, then there will be lots of people running 9psi pulleys and even more power being made.

·
Registered
609 Posts
skynight, that car is just for show...notice he also says that he has JR water injection...now where did he get that?

I talked with that guy and he is sponsored by both ZEX and JR, and they were working on a way to use the ZEX dry setup with the JRSC, but as far as I know they never figured it out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the clarification fellows.

as for the hondata nitrous controller, my understanding is that this unit is still not compatible with the ss tyranny, right?

thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
From what I hear you can use the hondata or AEM ems with the auto tranny, you just have to make sure that your auto trannys computer gets all the information it needs to from the standalone for shiftpoints.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So now even if you want to upgrade to 9 lb pulley, you can use Hondata or AEM ems (PMS EFI isn't the only option anymore)?

thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to the people at hondata and aem today... They told me that they don't support their system with any automatics... do you know who has managed to override this?

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Skyknight said:
I talked to the people at hondata and aem today... They told me that they don't support their system with any automatics... do you know who has managed to override this?

thanks
The only thing that I know is that one shop has gotten the EMS to work with an SS lude: http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?threadid=103904&highlight=aem+ems Apparently, there is no need for the stock ECM for the TCM to work. I quesiton how well it works without the TCM receiving data from the stock ECM SEFI data line. There is nothing that could emmulate that data line, so the TCM would be running without it. If it can be done with the EMS, I see no reason why it could not be done with hondata, or any standalone. I've actually considered clipping the line and seeing how the tranny behaves.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I havent kept up with JRSC ludes in a while, but I do have a friend that has a JRSC teg with a small nos single fogger kit and he runs high 12's on the spray. I also have heard of other JRSC owners doing this as well mostly other tegs as well.

If I remember right the problem is that potentially the coating on the fins of the SC would wear off ??

Maybe I'm wrong, but if other JRSC owners are doing this as well and have been doing it for a long time whats the problem....

I apologize for my ignorance in advance if the situation is different for ludes :)

-Jeff-

·
Registered
297 Posts
well he runs a nos brand single fogger wet kit and I know I've seen online on some other boards that others are doing the same thing. I dunno I was just wondering

ohh and did I mention stock block and cars still running. Been so for the couple of years I've known him now.( knock on wood only big problem for him is axles :D )

-Jeff-

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you mount the wet nitrous kit after the blower, perhaps somewhere in the manifold, there is no way for the blower to be exposed to nitrous, right? (this was suggested by keith from JRSC yesterday)

only prob is whether the stock internals can withstand it....

>>shark
what is it about the prelude internals that could compromise uneven distribution of nitrous?

·
Registered
609 Posts
The best bet would be to do a direct port somewhere in the lower intake manifold. The problem is that there just isnt that much room to route nitrous/fuel lines.

You could go from the bottom of the manifold, but then any jet changes would be almost impossible with out removing the blower.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
If I recall correctly the butterfly plate stays in with the JRSC? I've seen quite a few people tap that plate for the nitrous injectors and ran the lines down the back of the manifold. There's plenty of space to work with behind the manifold even if you had to tap the lower manifold itself, it's just a matter of removing it and setting everything up before putting it back in.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think your best option is to go to 9psi and upgrade injectors/FMU along with VAFC. Or go Sharks route. Nitrous just isn't a good option, but if you were to go with nitrous. I would suggest using a NOS brand dry kit with a 25 shot and tapping the intake around 4" back. This will spread the nitrous out enough to give you somewhat of an equal distribution.

Next I would go and get it tuned with the upgraded injectors and the nitrous. This will ensure that you are running a good A/F while under spray. While not on spray you will probably run rich, but better that then run lean while spraying. Another thing you could do is have 2 setting on the VAFC. One for daily driving and one for spray, but you would have to manually change these settings before spraying. Just an idea.

I would personally go with the 9psi option, just because I'm not a big fan of nitrous.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts