Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the car is a 97 lude h22a4,i recently installed this unit 2 days ago i had some idle surge problems and got them all solved, NOW im trying to rev the car up and as soon as i rev it (open the trottle body) it acts like it wants to rev then completely shuts off... no vacume leaks boost gauge reads -20-18 vac, no DTC's.

the car is still on stock injectors,it has a Walbro 255hp,JR FPR,JR EMS, and the other misc bolt ons

any information whould really help me i need to get the car running with in 2 days :mad: to get back to the naval base

hey even call call me if you want i relly need some info:bigthumb: 321-437-9852 or 407-414-4170 any time.....night or day ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
It sounds like you either have a problem with your throttle position sensor or you have a wire disconnected on your MAP sensor. Perhaps your MAP sensor is bad... although I bet its not. With both of those problems the moment you try and put load on your car or open the throttle up more, your engine computer isn't going to register the need to inject more fuel.

Or you might have a problem with the way you did the JRSC EMS, I've never used it though, so I don't know much about it.

I see you've posted this almost a week and a half ago, have you figured it out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i found out my map sensor, and my tps connectors where stopped, that solved the shutting off....then i had the crazy idle problem...so i put my stock throttle body back on..it fixed it...also....the guy who had the car before me swapped the engine with a 99, with the harness and all??? does anyone know if the harnesses are different??? anyways i ended up having to buy a new ecu cause my last one crapped due to wiring... after further research i foun my tps wasnt wired right at all....thats why im curious about the wiring harness differences... but as of today i have rewired my tps the right way... it works, now. i put that jackson racing ems in the car and my car kept shutting off, so i took that crap out and it worked fine lol. whatever...okay enough of this my latest problem:mad: car keeps idleing low as hell and shutting off whenever i take it out of gear and put it in neutral....car has a exhaust leak that sounds pretty bad but i havent had a chance to see where it is exactly. my car has a dc header, and full n1 style exhaust....i think i messed up though cause i bought one of those HIGH FLOW CATS from EBAY....junk... ill let you know as soon as i find out tommorrow..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fitv

so my car kept shutting off on me, and idling up and down sometimes reaching 3000rpm:mad:. i put a new fitv on it, and wallllaaaa... car is back to normal, no more crazy idle:bigthumb:. my old fitv, that was hooked up to the throttle body was broken inside. lol i took it off and hook it, and it sounded like a baby rattler. anyways, i swapped that, and hooked up that freakin iacv block the right way, cause jackson racing instructions are wrong.... anyways car is running great, now i jus have 2 more problems to fix and im golden. 1 new clutch cause its strating to slip, and new header and downpipe because its got a freakin huge hole like from downpipe to cat its just a gap lol... wtf....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts