Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went and asked Ben Shaffer (cetified JRSC installer) how much for JRSC installed. He gave me a good deal but the thing is Jackson Racing is holding all kits b/c of the power sterring pump relocator. That is the only flaw he tells me on the kit for the lude! He has done three kits so far and has modified them himself, by bending the factory line. I have ridden in one, all the mods the guy has is intake! All I have to say is crazy!! Save your money and purchase one! It will be a good kit for daily driver and reliable I am told! Just becarefull on how fast vendors say they can get the kit, thats all!

------------------
IM- Smit962
'01' Satin Silver Metalic
AEM CAI
DC CC 4-2-1
Greddy EVO
AEM PULLEYS
SKUNK 2 cam gears
Ground Control 400/300
Tockico Blues
OEM KIT
DC REAR LOWER
SPOON FRONT UPPER
Member- MICREW.NET

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Smitdog, can you comment on why the power steering pump relocator was holding JR back? I read in another post about a line bursting or something, was that why?

Please help me out, I'd like to know what to relay to my shop when its getting installed. Thanks.

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
boost is your best friend
</font>
Too bad Jackson Racing isn't.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He wants 700 for install b/c he said it is tedious not that diffucult! Yes the power stering line is what was bursting under the boost conditions! He modified it himself using the factory line not the one that comes with the kit. Hopefully your shop can modify it if your kit is on its way!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Thanks, I'll be sure to notify my shop. Btw, they were asking for 700, too! I figure for a price like that, I might as well give a shot myself, but....*shrug*

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
You do NOT want to be bending (and fatigueing) a high pressure line like that. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it burst. Don't they replace the line that goes over the top of the engine (or better, the line they *move* over to the top of the engine)?

This kit is one big ugly hairy kluge. If you get it, be prepared for your $100 valve adjustment to run $300 due to the extra work. Or if you do it yourself, to make one big-ass mess of the p/s fluid.

Can anyone with the kit verify if the drive mechanism has to be removed as well for valve access?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts