Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the jackson supercharger installed into their prelude? if you do, what 0-60 times and quarter mile times do you get? thx.

and also, can everyone give me their opinion on my next car. that's y im wondering the JR times on the prelude. possible choices are:

- 94-97 T/TT supra (maybe auto, to get the easier 9's quarter mile time)
- 98-00 Prelude (manual)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I rode in a 98 SH W/the JRSC on and I tell you what it was ungodly. if for any reason other than the power, I would get it for the sound that it makes!! but I am not sure on the Q/M times. the one I rode in had really heavy wheels on and a 300 lb. speaker box and it was still unfriggnreal!!

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
the supra is going to be quicker, especially with mods. If that is your only goal, by all means, go with the supra.

however, if you want a car that has some practicality, cheaper insurance, etc...go with the prelude. funny though, this will be one of the few times the prelude will come out more practical.

chaoslude, where did you find the supercharged prelude sh? i thought it wasn't out yet.

Neel

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaoslude98:
I rode in a 98 SH W/the JRSC on and I tell you what it was ungodly. if for any reason other than the power, I would get it for the sound that it makes!! but I am not sure on the Q/M times. the one I rode in had really heavy wheels on and a 300 lb. speaker box and it was still unfriggnreal!!</font>
ugh, there is no sh jrsc kit out yet, u sure it wasn't a base model lude?

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xjkimx:
anyone have the jackson supercharger installed into their prelude? if you do, what 0-60 times and quarter mile times do you get? thx.

and also, can everyone give me their opinion on my next car. that's y im wondering the JR times on the prelude. possible choices are:

- 94-97 T/TT supra (maybe auto, to get the easier 9's quarter mile time)
- 98-00 Prelude (manual)
</font>
You can't look halfway down the threads page and see the post titled "Pics of my JRSC install"? Not to bash on you but it's on the main page. Do a little searchijng before posting.

Anyhow what exactally is a supra T/TT. They only made supra TT's. If you're looking for speed and upgradeability the supra will spank the JRSC prelude any day of the week. But it is heavy and doesn't handle as well as the prelude (stock vs. stock). If you want straight line acceleration get the Supra.

And breaking into the 9's is not going to be that easy with a Supra. It's going to cost a lot of cash. There was a post on one of the supra boards a while back about what it took to run 10's consistently. The easiest route was an auto TT supra with a lot of upgrades. I think it totalled well into the $15K range.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Could it be the Targa Twin Turbo?

</font>
Yeah I thought of that but I don't think most people specified supra's that whay.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
people get so petty with acronyms. it's obvious he's talking about the tt. you knew it and he knew it, why try to belittle the guy.

anyway, would have to disagree with the prelude being more practical then the supra. can't really see that. unless you live where it snows significantly.

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
sorry, i guess i should clarify that. if you live near me, where it is going to snow tomorrow, then the prelude is more practical.

There, how is that.

Neel

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bgod:
people get so petty with acronyms. it's obvious he's talking about the tt. you knew it and he knew it, why try to belittle the guy.
</font>
I was not trying to belittle the guy, I was just wondering what the other "T" was for. If he is referring to the targa model then he should know that it is heavier than the standard model. And I believe that Toyota called it the "Sport Roof" model.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can also see the prelude being more practical. Even with the charger on it the prelude will consume less gas and have a much lower insurance premium.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
I can also see the prelude being more practical. Even with the charger on it the prelude will consume less gas and have a much lower insurance premium.

Gabe

</font>

Not to knock anyone here and I love my car but what makes our cars so much more "practical" then a Supra TT? I can't fit sh!t in my trunk, the back seats are wayyyy to small for anyone except children, and my car seems to eat gas pretty good. I mean there may be a big difference in the 9s 1/4 Supra he wants and our cars but stock for stock the only difference I see is insurance costs. The Supra is a Toyota and they make VERY good cars...it's not like a domestic turbo or something. Anyway I'm not flaming anyone or trying to say anything bad about our cars but to me it's FAR from being pratical.

Oh yeah and to whoever said if you live where it snows....I dare you to try and drive my car with the Dunlops on it in the snow and see how good it is?????

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well I happen to think that there is a big difference between 17/24 mpg for the Supra and 22/27 mpg for the prelude. And if you drive your prelude hard enough to get poor gas mileage just imagine what will happen if you were to drive a Supra.

As for the back seat, yeah there both pretty worthless on both cars. But I can fit a good sized suitcase in the truck of my prelude. I have a truck if I want to haul lumber

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Well I happen to think that there is a big difference between 17/24 mpg for the Supra and 22/27 mpg for the prelude. And if you drive your prelude hard enough to get poor gas mileage just imagine what will happen if you were to drive a Supra.

As for the back seat, yeah there both pretty worthless on both cars. But I can fit a good sized suitcase in the truck of my prelude. I have a truck if I want to haul lumber

Gabe

</font>

I get about 19city/26hiway in my car but I do admit on some very long trips I can get close to 30mpg. However I don't think I'd need to wail on my car nearly as much if I had a TT 6cyl. I'm just a HUGE Supra fan but they're too much money..even used..and of course that damm insurance.

G

·
You guys act like a bunch of kids sometimes. If you want to go fast in a straight line get a Supra, it's as simple as that. If you want to road race, well, now it's a different ball of wax.

Get what you want. Why bother with anyone's opinion as to what car you get? It's your car, unless you are going to let all of us drive it.

If your goal is to run 9's, abandon the Prelude. Get the Supra, and have fun spending money.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
A 9 second Supra TT isn't streetable. A good friend of mine has a 450 hp TT(+ a 100 shot of NOS that he can't even use) and can't even get traction when he is just shifting normally and doesn't even rev. He ordered full blown race slicks for the rear tires because he gets sideways all the time. I was with him when he started out in second gear froma standstill and still got sideways.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sup guys.. thx for your input.. and for the T/TT i meant, single turbo or the twin turbo.. i swear i thought they make singles to, or am i mistaken??? yeah.. ive decided to go with the prelude for the long run.. cause insurance is a LOT cheaper, and i dont care about the 9's no more.. i just want a car that's pretty fast.. thx guys for your input.. once again..

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
Anyhow what exactally is a supra T/TT. They only made supra TT's

Gabe

</font>
well to back up XJKIMX's posts the MKIV Supra is both TT and NA but the MKIII comes with a single turbo i think this is what XJKIMX is taking about.
or maybe he did mean T/TT for Targa/Twin Turbo since he specified the year 94-97

and GABE he also wanted opinions on the Supra not just the JRSC/Lude so maybe it does warrant its own post.

but just like everyone says pretty much all Supra Gens I-IV? are heavy so therefore handle pretty poorly (or so i hear) but i'm sure all that is forgotten once your sitting in a MKIV TT and mashing the gas going full boost.
makes my palms sweat just thinking about it. but another thing to consider XJKIMX is cost and availability of replacement parts for a TT MKIV. search for some MKIV Supra boards, so you can get the info right from the owners mouths. (altough i didn't get to much help from the www.RX7Club.com folks.)

and one last thing ist not as easy as you think to "get into the nines"

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
but stock for stock the only difference I see is insurance costs
</font>
are you sure thats the *only* difference
just messin with ya

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
are you sure thats the *only* difference
just messin with ya

</font>
Well from a "practicality" view of things...yeah. But on the overall we all know there's HUGE differences between the two!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts