Honda Prelude Online banner

JDM Honda Access pedal install...

6K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  munscher 
#1 ·
I finally snuck in a couple few moments to try to install my JDM Honda Access pedal covers. It took me 3 days since on Friday, I started too late and the weather was crappy, I only got to install the accelerate pedal. Yesterday, I installed the brake pedal with little trouble till I broke my bit causing me to delay till today. The last pedal (brake pedal) took the longest since I screwed up the holes. It looks like swiss cheese underneath! Anyhow, it wasn't too hard just awkward and tedious...

See less See more
#4 ·
they look nice, hwoever the fact that they're all metal kinda scares me... how's the grip on em compared to stock?

and also where would i go about obtaining a set of these, and what's the cost, they GOTTA be less than mugen hahaha

i assume u can get these from r&d motorsports

*shrug*

#9 ·
bdb said:
Nice pics and install. How hard was the gas pedal removal?
Not too hard... just annoying. The instructions just said to unhook the accelerator and cruise control cables. They didn't say anything about a fasten clip holding them in.. :mad: I had to figure it out myself after 10-15 mins.... Then it's a matter of 2 X 12mm bolts to remove and voila!

#11 ·
brendon2k said:

you but its easier if the gas pedal flares out a bit. prelude pedals are not the best set up for heel-toe, well at least on a 4th gen.
yea i know it's hard, i'm not sayin i dont need em.. i'm just sayin that i CAN haha

and it's a lot different when u start switching to other cars and heel-toeing.. since every car's brake pedal feels diff

i tried heel toeing in an s2k, i over-decelerate way too much

#26 · (Edited)
Friend of mine took measurements of his pedals and custom made some mugen style covers to fit his car... should be finished this week or next. May get a local machine shop hookup and make a few to sell... of course he drives a 97 civic, but i think the pedal dimensions MAY match up. Ill fit his to my pedals and see if they fit and let you guys know. Hell if they don't match up perfectly we can change a couple dimensions, shouldnt be a problem.

Here's a pic of when they were first cut, finished pics should be available soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.