Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever thought about installing a switch into their vss? this way if you cut off the vss signal the ecu doesnt know how fast your going, and hence cant cut you off. you wont know how fast your going but if your going over 112mph you probablby are racing and are just more concerned with winning. what wire would i hook that into if i were to try it? whats your thoughts.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
What good could you possibly be doing going 110+?

If you have to race to those speeds then you should just call the race a tie at like 90.

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,027 Posts
You should talk, you have a Spoon chipped JDM ECU with no speed governor. I do agree that there are few reasons to be going that fast it is nice to know that you can.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Damn right!
I can't often afford to hit VTEC in 5th, but it's gotta be done now and then!
I'll be in France in two weeks where the Lude has gotta try and hold it's own with Imprezzas and an Evo!
Just nice to know you can do it now and then!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I didnt get the Spoon ECU to remove the governor, it came with my swap.

I guess it would be good to know you can do it but it surely isnt needed for racing.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
highway racing, you start at prolly 75 you really going to stop at 90? if theres nobody around and the conditions are right, it sure as hell could be fun to do it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Satan_SRV said:
umm disconnecting the VSS throws an engine code doesn't it?
Yes, but it is not emissions related and should not put the car in limp mode.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wait a minute guys, brainstorm. what about a switchable resistor? the vss works by sending electrical pulses to the ecu doesnt it? is is the strength of the pulse or the number of pulses that determines it? if its pulse strength then what about an inline switchable resistor, something configured to make your car think for ex. its going 60 when you switch it on at 100? then youd keep vtec and get that top speed for a few minutes work and prolly under 10 bucks

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im trying to find a solution to the top speed problem for under the 100$ price tag it usually comes with

1 - 20 of 25 Posts